|WikiProject Mountains||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Hudson Valley||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
Hussey's land patent
220.127.116.11, in regards to your edit:
"A careful reading and plotting of Hussey's deed and subsequent deeds to the Dumont farm et. al. reveals that Clearwater was incorrect. The patent ran only to the foot of the mountain. It did not include the mountain itself."
I went back and looked at what Clearwater actually said about the 1685 patent, which is as follows:
"...2900 acres of land lying upon Hudson's River betwixt the Rondout Kill and Cline Esopus, and known by the name of Hussey's Hill, including the Cline Esopus ffly and Sunken ffly at the mouth of Rondout Kill with the two lakes. Laid out for Frederick Hussey and others."
The tract seems to be referred to as 'Hussey's Hill' by Clearwater, but it is not specifically stated that it actually includes the mountain. Since the description by Clearwater explicitly refers to the swamps (fflys) between the mountain and the Hudson, I am very much inclined to believe your contribution. Out of curiosity, how/where did you come by the info on the Dumont lands? Lithium6ion (talk) 17:44, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Marlboro Mountains. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110723231427/http://www.nysga.net/files/32068439.pdf to http://www.nysga.net/files/32068439.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110930074942/http://www.nyswaterfronts.com/SASS/SASS1/Esopus.htm to http://www.nyswaterfronts.com/SASS/SASS1/Esopus.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120113072107/http://www.hudsonvalleyrailtrail.net/downloads/hvrt_newsletter_spring_2011.pdf to http://www.hudsonvalleyrailtrail.net/downloads/hvrt_newsletter_spring_2011.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110929121552/http://www.scenichudson.org/whatwedo/landconservation/successstories/illinoismountain to http://www.scenichudson.org/whatwedo/landconservation/successstories/illinoismountain
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111002145952/http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2156/t/10452/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68144 to http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2156/t/10452/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68144
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.