|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Sarian or Saryan?
This entry should be changed to Sarian. The "yan" ending is a modern affectation being widely propagated by Pro-Russian Armenian nationalists from the Republic of Armenia. For example, when registering a birth in Armenia, an "ian" ending for a name can now only be recorded by obtaining special permission, and people whose names are spelt "ian" are routinely changed to "yan" in official or State-sponsored literature. These practices should not be encouraged. Martiros Saryan signed his painting mostly using the Russian Cyrillic alphabet, sometimes using the Latin alphabet, but almost never using the Armenian alphabet. When he used the Latin alphabet he always signed his name "Sarian", not "Saryan". Meowy 10:02, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
- The National Gallery of Armenia website seems to use Sarian as well. Hakob 01:59, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- It seems that both Armenia and Turkey are ethnically obsessed with the letter "i"; Armenia is always wanting to change it to a "y", Turkey is always wanting to remove its dot! Meowy 20:25, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Martiros Saryan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://saryan.am/eng/biography.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.saryan.am/eng/life_7.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|Nicely written and notable person. Nareklm 06:42, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
Last edited at 02:21, 19 December 2006 (UTC). Substituted at 23:20, 29 April 2016 (UTC)