Talk:Maryland Heights, Missouri
|WikiProject Missouri||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject St. Louis||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in St. Louis may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
someone should probly mention the fact that maryland heights probably should be designated as a speed trap not a city 18.104.22.168
That would be POV, and unless your refering to the currently very lightly populated Page Extended, factually false. Population density in core Maryland Heights is comparable with neighboring Bridgeton & Creve Couer. For that manner, Page Extended is only so highly patrolled vs population density because of a significant number of drivers who treated it as the autobahn when it was first opened. Joncnunn 21:34, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
Not sure why GreyWanderer feels the need to over-police this page and feels that information regarding unique programs at the City of Maryland Heights should not be included as information. Most city pages have extensive information regarding culture, attractions, and special programs (such as internships) not available in most city governments. Perhaps those who are more connected to and knowledgeable about the city (As opposed to living in Columbia) should be allowed to post relevant information about the city that the general public may not be aware of, but would be interested in knowing about the city.
I find it frustrating that many Wikipedia "professionals" become so protective of their pages that they immediately reorganize and delete any edits that come from other people, because they feel it infringes on their authority. This is one example of how Wikipedians have become too arrogant regarding "their" pet projects. Please stop removing factual, informational edits regarding this page, GreyWanderer. Please allow Wikipedia to be about the public good, rather than your own personal agenda. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:41, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- Welcome to Wikipedia, let me address some of your points. I've left the content in the article for now, but I did edit for tone and style. I only have the best interest of this page in mine when I reverted the edit, I'm frustrated that you jump straight to accusing me of "my own personal agenda" and "over-policing" instead of trying to prove that what you seek to include is notable and can be included in a non-biased way. Its simply not what wikipedia is designed to cover. Its an obscure municipal government program in a city of thirty thousand. If you hadn't given it its own section and if it hadn't been worded in such a way as to make it sound like advertising then I would have ignored it. However, now that I'm involved I can't see it justifying inclusion. If you wanted to add one sentence at the end of a government paragraph that would be acceptable to me. Some points to think about:
- You seem so insistent on adding only this material to wikipedia, that I'm sure your associated with the internship program (see Wikipedia:COI). If not I apologize.
- I maintain many articles in Missouri to keep them free of scruff, advertising, boosters, and spam. So yes I guess you could call the policing, but I don't like the intended connotations of the: word.
- This is not "my" page anymore than it is your page.
- The intership program is in no way notable, thousands of cities operate such a program.
- The wording of your addition sounds like it is right out of the internship pamphlet: "the program offers" and "interns have met success"
I've fleshed out the government section and left an internship statement at the end. I don't think it merits that, but I'm not unreasonable and I don't really care that much. Hypothetically speaking an FA-class Maryland Heights article would not include that.Grey Wanderer | Talk 21:52, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Maryland Heights, Missouri. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120213185206/http://www.progressiverail.com/where_we_go.html to http://www.progressiverail.com/where_we_go.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.