|WikiProject Motorcycling||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Motorsport||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Czech Republic||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Just browsing through the DTM tracks on google earth and noticed that your image of Brno is flipped vertically. You might want to change it.
I edited it in photoshop and flipped the direction too.
Not sure how to upload this though...
Hello, I was just looking around at the circuit's website and noticed that it is now called the Brno Circuit. I just thought I'd let you know before you went changing things back. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fanofspeed (talk • contribs) 20:45, August 20, 2007 (UTC).
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's naming conventions.
- Support Brno Circuit - I think this is the most common name for the modern circuit, especially as most series refer to it as simply "Brno". The359 (talk) 20:01, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
- Any additional comments:
Previously suggested names on IRC:
- Automotodrom Brno
- Brno Circuit
- Brno Masaryk Circuit—Doesn't really match the current official name, but it seems some Czech websites still call it that.
- Brno—This is also a town. I don't think we can use it.
So Sayeth the track:
We use all of these names.
Automotodrom Brno is the name of the company owning the racetrack.
Masaryk circuit is taken from history - in 1930-1986 there was a diiferent circuit in Brno, which was called Masaryk circuit, but it was closed in 1986 and a new circuit was built in 1987 (this one) - so we sometimes say that we are the new Masaryk circuit.
Brno circuit - it is for foreign visitors to understand easily.
Lenka Nestrojilova Automotodrom Brno
From: email@example.com  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:56 PM To: Info Subject: Novy dotaz z www
novy dotaz ze stranky PTEJTE SE:
So what is the official name of the track?Automotodrom Brno, Brno Circuit, Masaryk Circuit?
The article isn't really clear about the fact that the old and new layouts are really entirely separate circuits. They share none of the same roads, although the new (permanent) circuit is within the bounds of the old (temporary) one. I don't really think there should be two articles, but there probably ought to be separate sections and more clarity. — Preceding unsigned comment added by LRT24 (talk • contribs) 03:31, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- As nobody else seemed interested I have reorganized the entire article. Hope you like it. Also removed some obviously POV stuff about how great the track was for overtaking. Feel free to make updates, especially if you know motorcycles as I mostly know car racing.LRT24 (talk) 09:09, 7 March 2011 (UTC)