Talk:Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program
|WikiProject Mathematics Competitions||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Please refrain from using MOP inside jokes and unofficial terminology in the article unless they're sort of explained. People will be confused by them. Examples include referring to the ELMO (Easy Little Math Olympiad? ... I don't remember if that's right). That should probably be explained or removed. I would do it myself, but I'm afraid I'll get something wrong. I cringe at the thought of a revert war between a MOPper and an innocent copyeditor over the words "murderply" or "porblem."
In 1995, one of the graders mentioned that "the powers that be" were trying to have it recognized as MOsP and encountering resistance. The papers that were sent out definitely included "MOSP" that year but I can't say for sure what the materials said in 93 and 94. UnnotableWorldFigure 09:11, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
I realize that after 6-8 years of competition, students know enough acronyms to fill a book, but I'm under the impression it goes against Wikipedia conventions to casually say MOP's purpose is to train the U.S. team for "the IMO" and that they qualify "by taking the USAMO". There might be 500 people in the world who can read this page and track what's going on without following external links. It's hard to say what should be done to this page to improve its accessibility and still flow nicely, but something should be done. UnnotableWorldFigure 09:11, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- In Firefox I can hover over those acronyms and they are expanded, because they're pipelinks. But you can change them to straight links if you want. —Keenan Pepper 12:56, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
Should this article be renamed, seeing as the official name of the program is now MOSP? 188.8.131.52 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 17:22, 11 May 2009 (UTC). just saying,but the 34's were not at mop....... i don't know how to post something so i'm just saying here -184.108.40.206 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 08:58, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
Should we not include the mentors and instructors (both former and current) in this article?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080312124007/http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2002-ua/02usamoscoring.shtml to http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2002-ua/02usamoscoring.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080312124012/http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2003-ua/03usamo-scoring.shtml to http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2003-ua/03usamo-scoring.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080312120844/http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2004-ua/04usamo-scoring.shtml to http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2004-ua/04usamo-scoring.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080312120854/http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2005-ua/05usamo-scoring.shtml to http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2005-ua/05usamo-scoring.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.