|WikiProject Firearms||(Rated Stub-class)|
I have heard that the TAC-50 can be collapsed/dismantled/field stripped for easy transport and reassembled (relatively) quickly at the sniper's destination. I, however, cannot confirm this (admittedly, my source was rather dubious). Is this true, and if so does it warrant a mention in the article? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:27, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
The only parts of the gun that can be removed for "ease of transport" are the suppressor (assuming one is fitted) and the buttstock, both of which can be screwed/unscrewed off and on. I don't know why someone has written that this rifle has a side-folding stock, because it does not. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:15, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yep. Longest recorded kill-shot ever I think. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:32, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
That is definatly impressive, and the gun, in my opinion is a extremely attractive gun, more so than the barret 50. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:17, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
New record 3,450 meters, set by member of Canadian Special Forces Joint Task Force 2 - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-elite-special-forces-sniper-sets-record-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:06, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
can i use it?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on McMillan Tac-50. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://stupidbeaver.com/world-longest-distance-kill-2-430-metres-1.5-miles/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101018213332/http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/05/03/2010-05-03_british_sniper_craig_harrison_the_silent_assassin_breaks_record_kills_target_fro.html to http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/05/03/2010-05-03_british_sniper_craig_harrison_the_silent_assassin_breaks_record_kills_target_fro.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120518022812/http://www.mcmfamily.com/pdfs/SpecialOpsReportJordanTac50.pdf to http://www.mcmfamily.com/pdfs/SpecialOpsReportJordanTac50.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.