Talk:Means of grace
|WikiProject Christianity / Theology / Lutheranism / Methodism||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
As per the June 28 edits: good enough, but needlessly detailed. --Rekleov 29 June 2005 03:01 (UTC)
- What do you mean, specifically? KHM03 29 June 2005 12:05 (UTC)
Means of Grace / Lutheran edit 07/10/05
That's what I was aiming for. The removal of the language of promise, however, leaves it rather ex opere operato, does it not? And that is surely to be avoided. --Rekleov 20:11, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
There are several problems here. First, John Wesley is popularly known as the "founder of Methodism", but he is not, actually; George Whitefield and others preceeded him with Calvinistic Methodism (I know those words sound strange if you're in America and know what I'm talking about--but it's still in England and Wales). Wesley fractured Methodism and morphed parts of it, while planting the seeds of it in other places, of Arminian, or Wesleyan, Methodism.
As for the article, it doesn't cite sources, doesn't present the material very well, and is not very in-depth. I would love to help...but honestly I was trying to research "Means of Grace" further, however I do know this article is very wanting. Thus far thanks for the efforts, though; perhaps I could help a bit once I've learned a bit more.
22:04, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Means of grace. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130306113628/http://www.vatican.va:80/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decree_19641121_unitatis-redintegratio_en.html to http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decree_19641121_unitatis-redintegratio_en.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141110150935/http://gbgm-umc.org:80/umw/wesley/disciple.stm to http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/wesley/disciple.stm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.