Talk:Media in Vancouver
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This is off to a good start, but there should be information on the city's non-English media as well. Also, is this article about media within the city limits, or does it refer to media outlets in the Greater Vancouver area? --Ckatz 06:41, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
- I agree it would be great to get some information on Vancouver's large non-English media, especially the Chinese dailies. I'd prefer someone with a real expertise in this area tackle it, but if not perhaps I can pull together something. I think this should cover Greater Vancouver media, not just the city. Muckraker
- This article needs more sources, and does not seem up to wikipedia standards. I agree that it is slightly "left-biased" (this coming from a lefty), and that beyond that it needs some expert attention, more sources, information on a wider variety of non-english media, and that it should cover the Greater Vancouver area. Thatmalekgirl
Holy cow, could this article be more left-biased? How about some editing to make this a little more objective? Greg Salter 18:42, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
- There still seems to be a bias in the last section about the concentration of media. I think it is very important to talk about this concentration, and in fact believe there should be more information about it (and the ways ex-employees have responded besides just the tyee, including a short-lived mock Vancouver Sun.) However, this section fails to look at the other side. I do not know what the alternative view of this is, as I myself am biased, but can understand this article seeming offensively left-biased to perhaps a conservative reader. Thatmalekgirl
There is a wikipedia page for the source / la source right here -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Source_(newspaper) I don't understand why it does link to that page... 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:21, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Out of date
Wow this page is very out of date. No mention of VanCityBuzz, Adbusters, etc. Too much work for me now but does need an update.
Xtra West no longer?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Media in Vancouver. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150910195433/http://www.tvb.ca/page_files/pdf/InfoCentre/TVBasics.pdf to http://www.tvb.ca/page_files/pdf/InfoCentre/TVBasics.pdf
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://pages.cmns.sfu.ca/daniel-ahadi/files/2010/07/Ahadi_Mediascapes.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.