Talk:Media player software
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Media player software article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
OK, is there a universal dvd/cd player (besides a computer) that plays ANYTHING and EVERYTHING? ---Not even computers are capable of such a function. You'd be looking at far too many types of hardware, firmware, and software to be able to do something like that. wtfunkymonkey 06:36, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
(It should be noted that I did not propose this Merge) The only reason I can see for merging these is that Media player has very little content.
But on the other hand, media player is just a stub, and may eventually be updated to include the history of media players. If that happens, would the merge still be reasonable? I'd argue that it wouldn't. Additionally, it could be argued that if the proposed merge was valid, then the merging of List of media players into this article must also be valid, yet that would create a huge and somewhat messy article.
What would be the reason for merging comparison of media players and media player? As they are now, the comparison has very little to add to the definition or history of media players, and would merely add a lot of basically unnecessary (for this article) information. -- Parasti 00:10, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
I was looking precisely for this type of article for which to give a link in a forum, I use Linux and was looking for something that listed BOTH for pay and free players...as a discussion point....I would recommend not merging it...woodsmoke
- Frankly I see no reason to merge. Comparisons of everything in the field are kept out of the article discussing it. I simply see no logical reason to do this. Take a look at Category:Software comparison. Dread Lord CyberSkull ✎☠ 06:23, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- Given just about every media player has its own article I don't see any point in a separate Media player article so it should be removed or merged as intro to this article. Garglebutt / (talk) 09:25, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- This is a good page to define what a media player is. It would be nice if some more historical information on the first media players can be added. Unfortunately the "List of some media players" table is far from complete and half of the entries are rather obscure and unknown. Maybe the table should be deleted? The lists and comparison table in the "See also" section are much better places for the full, lengthy, and comprehensive details. (Requestion 17:00, 9 February 2007 (UTC))
- well, the comparison between the media player and what a media player is and how it works are two separate this, aren't they? I'd rather reduce the table on this page comparing only the most famous two or three media player. Profeta —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:09, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
MS Media Player disambig
Someone removed this as "advertising" - what do people think? Anyone have an alternative suggestion :)? RN 05:27, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
- Just ignore the removal - there is no way that the disambig line constituted advertising. -- Run! 14:10, 30 May 2006 (UTC)