|WikiProject Automobiles||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Fair use image
The new Montego is a nice picture, but is it a permissable use? If it's copyright and there's no written permission, it shouldn't be up. RivGuySC 18:49, 11 Aug 2004 (UTC)
I don't believe this car qualifies as full-size. According to Ford's own specs, compared to the Grand Marquis, it's a foot shorter, 10 inches narrower, and 600 lbs. lighter. The reviews I've seen are comparing it to Accord, Camry, Passat, and the new Buick LaCrosse--all mid-size. RivGuySC 03:41, 22 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- The US EPA classifies the Montego as a "large car" - it's in the largest vehicle size class, along with the Taurus, Impala, 7-Series, Grand Marquis, etc... The Accord, Camry, Passat, and S80 and Sable (?!) are "midsize". It's a big car - I've driven one. The Fusion is intended as the midsize, while the Five Hundred/Montego are the new fullsize, replacing (sometime) the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis. --SFoskett 18:01, Dec 22, 2004 (UTC)
Regarding merge tag
Since this article already exists for a previous Montego, I think it's easiest to leave the 2005-07 model here as well, rather than complicating the Sable article by trying to fit the information there. --Sable232 (talk) 17:11, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm going to split this section into 68-72 and 72-76 as from research I see that those were different cars bearing only name. SHAMAN 21:49, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- Taken care of, it's an overdue edit, but I had the same reasoning to do so. It likely is still a work in progress, though... --SteveCof00 10:14, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- Good job, I was going to do it but got busy with first gen mustang, tables with engines/power/year would be cool, could borrow them from mustang, they shared some engines, so it would be good for a start. SHAMAN 20:27, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
there was a 1969 mercury montego called the ski-pac special that came with a 351 posi trac system and a heavy duty heater — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:51, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Mercury Montego. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090212180838/http://media.ford.com/article_download.cfm?article_id=27379 to http://media.ford.com/article_download.cfm?article_id=27379
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.