|WikiProject Spirits||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
- The alcohol content would lower the freezing point, so it would probably not freeze at -6c. A source for that statement would be nice, though. --Delirium 01:20, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
How can it be categorized as a herbal liqueur? In the finnish spirit company Alko's listing it is listed as a brandy. It seems though not be at least a true brandy because it contains something else than brandy.126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:06, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
E.g. Quote: "Metaxa won over the toughest critics and has earned a respected position in the pantheon of fine spirits". Could any native speaker please defuse these POV marketing flubdub?--Nemissimo (talk) 22:52, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Much of the article certainly reads like an advertisement, and the English isn't too good either. --Ef80 (talk) 10:43, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
Error in first paragraph, last sentence
Quote: "Metaxa literally means "silk", but it is a common Greek family name". Fist of all this sentence is completely irrelevant to the definition. Μεταξάς (Metaxas) is just a name and it has nothing to do with the qualities of the drink. So its translation to silk is completely useless and out of place, apart from the fact that it answers the curiosity of the reader about the translation of a Greek word. However, the translation is also wrong! Μεταξάς (Metaxas) is a surname which, if it must be absolutely translated, means "silk worker" and not just "silk", which is μετάξι (metaxi). Please attend to it, ether by correcting the translation, or removing the sentence all together. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:30, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Metaxa. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110511142406/http://web.mac.com/djwebby2002gr/Webby/Food_Blog/Entries/2008/2/13_Are_you_Mature_Enough.html/ to http://web.mac.com/djwebby2002gr/Webby/Food_Blog/Entries/2008/2/13_Are_you_Mature_Enough.html/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.