|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class)|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include conflict of interest, autobiography, and neutral point of view.|
|Individuals with a conflict of interest, particularly those representing the subject of the article, are strongly advised not to directly edit the article. See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest. You may request corrections on or suggest content here on the Talk page for independent editors to review, or contact us if the issue is urgent.|
This page is largely editorial and lacks the Encyclopedic style that these articles should be presented in. Why is there links to non english links, how is this relevant to wikien?
I think Microstation is an important enough product to global construction that it deserves a Wikipedia article but this article is clearly written by someone who works for them. As the comments about DGN being a superset of DWG is just marketing hyperbole. --188.8.131.52 11:09, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
Redrafted the article to make it more Encyclopedia like. Will continue to do make more changes to try and it get it closer to the quality of other similar articles like AutoCAD. --Tnomad 12:12, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
MicroStation, not Microstation
I changed all occurences in all articles from "Microstation" to "MicroStation". May seem picky, but it's important to follow company names' and software titles' capitalization peculiarities. Scwlong 22:04, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Could an admin/reviewer please review this info provided and kindly update the article? Thanks!
|A requested edit by an editor with a conflict of interest was declined. The reviewer would like to request the editor with a COI attempt to discuss with editors engaged in the subject-area first.|
Good afternoon! To start off, I would like to disclose that I am affiliated with Bentley Systems (the developer of MicroStation). I noticed that the content on this page is pretty outdated. I have a couple of articles from independent sources that I was hoping a Wikipedia admin or reviewer wouldn't mind taking a look at and also update the MicroStation article accordingly? I don't want to create a conflict of interest by making any edits to the article myself.
I have two articles for your reference: https://constructech.com/bentley-unveils-connect/ and http://aecmag.com/59-features/938-bentley-connect-edition.
Basically, the main ideas that would need to be updated in the MicroStation article are:
2. Here is an important quote from the 2nd article: "The core premise of the Connect Edition is to enable a project-centric hybrid environment across desktop, cloud, project-server and mobile. To enable this, Bentley has utilised Microsoft’s Azure cloud-service to connect all users across projects. Azure also provides a computational backbone to provide lightning fast analysis and ‘optioneering’, for computationally refined designs and ultimately improved performance of designed assets.
Also the image/logo in the article is outdated since it is references the older version of the software. I would like to please suggest this one that is taken directly from the public MicroStation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/107129153326/photos/10154308595783327/.
- Hi, I know there is probably a backup of requests for edits so I was wondering if it would be ok for me to edit/update this article myself with the above changes? Again, I am affiliated with the company that makes this software so I do want to break any of conflict of interest rules. However, if another admin tells me that it is ok to edit the article myself, I am happy to do it and take the burden off of someone else. Thoughts? Thanks! --MBouch16 (talk) 13:18, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- CONSTRUCTECH: https://constructech.com/bentley-unveils-connect/">Bentley Unveils CONNECT – Constructech: Bentley Unveils CONNECT, accessdate: November 17, 2016
- Cadalyst: www.cadalyst.com/cad/microstation/bentley-systems-wants-help-infrastructure-professionals-connect-21158, accessdate: November 29, 2016
- AECMAGAZINE: http://aecmag.com/59-features/938-bentley-connect-edition">Bentley Connect Edition: Bentley Connect Edition, accessdate: November 17, 2016