|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Midori Ito article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Biography assessment rating comment
Crashing into a cameraman
Does anyone remember the time she fell through a hole in the wall where a cameraman was filming? She came out very graciously smiling and bowing. Her attitude really impressed me. I think it's worth mentioning but I don't remember which event it was nor do I have a source. Anyone able to help? Readin (talk) 03:43, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- That incident occurred at the 1991 World Championships in Munich. It was directly after a horrible collison with France's Laetita Hubert (which then also caused her to collide with heavy force into the boards). During her Short Program, Midori attempted her combination jump, landing the second jump at the very edge of what happened to be an open section of the boards. There was no where left for her to go but out and into a camera. It was said that she often jumped/landed too close to the boards because her training rink was an irregular size, i.e. it did not meet the standard dimensions of an ice rink. As the poster above mentioned, she had a great attitude about it, getting back out to compete and smiling. After her performance was over, she skated over to the cameramen to make sure they were okay. The epitome of graciousness.
—Preceding unsigned comment added by Greyserfer (talk • contribs) 14:37, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Before your recent edit, there were no references in this article at all. Kolindigo (talk) 16:38, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Midori Ito. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060104024732/http://hicbc.com/radio/kibun/2000asapon/hero/000911/index.htm to http://hicbc.com/radio/kibun/2000asapon/hero/000911/index.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110925191309/http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/611-midori-ito-returns-to-competition to http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/611-midori-ito-returns-to-competition
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110910203313/http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/597-adult-skaters-embrace-lifelong-passion to http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/597-adult-skaters-embrace-lifelong-passion
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.