- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: not moved. Arbitrarily0 (talk) 03:36, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
Mojmír II → Moimir II – The suggested spelling would better reflect the name's pronunciation. Borsoka (talk) 17:41, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose. Mojmír is in literature used more times (892 ghits) than Moimir (179 ghits).--Yopie (talk) 20:51, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose. We don't use the unnatural transliteration from Latin-script languages. Also, the current name is used more in academic sources. - Darwinek (talk) 18:37, 18 July 2011 (UTC)
- Rename to Mojmir II. The usual English name appears to be either Moimir (46 hits in English gbooks) or Mojmir (under 320 hits, e.g. A History of Slovakia by Kirschbaum, Encyclopedia Britannica) but google can't distinguish between Mojmir and Mojmír. However if you check them out, Mojmir is commonly used in English sources and Mojmír in non-English sources. Either way it needs a bit more research, but my sense is the diacritic version should be changed. --Bermicourt (talk) 19:37, 18 July 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose per Darwinek. --Vejvančický (talk | contribs) 12:33, 19 July 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.