Talk:Mount Cleveland (Alaska)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Good article Mount Cleveland (Alaska) has been listed as one of the Geography and places good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.


What is the origin of the name "Mount Cleveland"? Was it renamed after US President Grover Cleveland? If not, who or what? Wondering, -- Infrogmation (talk) 02:30, 23 May 2009 (UTC)

Try to check USGS GNIS. - Darwinek (talk) 08:44, 23 May 2009 (UTC)

I have added the name origin and added it to WP Arctic, Islands, and Geography--Av9 (talk) 15:08, 3 June 2009 (UTC)


Are kind of sparse. There's references to a 2001/2002 expedition but I'm having trouble finding it. Otherwise almost everything is based on satellite observation. ResMar 16:59, 7 September 2010 (UTC)


User:Ucucha made two changes, Eruptive history: trans-Atlantic flights don't usually reach Alaska. He might be wrong. I think the flights between East Asia and Western Europe fly over the Aleutian Islands. --Chris.urs-o (talk) 07:25, 8 September 2010 (UTC)

Such flights are not trans-Atlantic, I believe. To be trans-Atlantic, they have to, you know, fly over the Atlantic. Ucucha 12:53, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Ok. You seem to be right. I checked on a globe with a thread. --Chris.urs-o (talk) 13:40, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Mhm...ResMar 00:18, 10 September 2010 (UTC)


On the thesis by Steven James Smith used multiple times as a reference: the citations should use page numbers, ie Smith, pg. 15; Smith, pg. 52. Grsz11 20:35, 1 October 2010 (UTC)

The current citation style is perfectly fine. Preference is never given to one style (Harvard) over the other (wiki). ResMar 23:42, 2 October 2010 (UTC)

"concave-up" shape[edit]

What is the usual English-language expression for the impenetrable "concave-up" describing its shape?--Wetman (talk) 14:46, 5 May 2013 (UTC)

  • I'm not sure what you mean by "impenetrable concave-up", but here are two possibilities:
 /          \
/            \
  /        \
 /          \
/            \

I would say "concave-up" and "bowl-shaped" are the same, but it doesn't look "impenetrable" to me. I would use "dome-shaped" for an "impenetrable" shape. Johnson487682 (talk) 19:57, 6 May 2013 (UTC)