Talk:Mozilla Calendar Project
Moved from Mozilla Calendar
Mozilla Calendar Plugin for Mozilla Firefox Discontinued?
The Mozilla calendar plugin does not work with 1.5. The latest version of Mozilla Sunbird now includes proxy settings, etc - in fact everything browser-related. This makes the Firefix plugin somewhat redundant. Has the plugin been dropped. -- Chris Q 14:35, 2 December 2005 (UTC)
- It hasn't been updated yet, and may be updated soon. Give it some time before chaning the article. -- LGagnon 19:10, 2 December 2005 (UTC)
- It has been over two months since Firefox updated to 1.5. The official website for Mozilla Calendar has not been updated since very early November. Do you think its time to update about the discontinuation of Calendar yet?
- Maybe it is best to mentioned that it hasn't been updated; claiming that it is discontinued may be jumping the gun. And besides, that's making assumptions, not stating facts; we should just tell what the exact situation is, not what we think it may mean. -- LGagnon 05:34, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
Needs a big cleanup
Take a look! This has 2 different program info. boxes, and is very outdated, etc. Needs help! --188.8.131.52 01:31, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- That's because it's about three different projects, not just one. —Nightstallion (?) 11:54, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
It's true that the Mozilla Calendar project has been discontinued. It's now being worked on under the Sunbird brand with a Lighting extension for FF and TB.
I suggest that the page is moved to a Mozilla Sunbird page, with historical reference to the Mozilla Calendar project.
Mozilla Sunbird 0.3a2 (alpha 2) is soon to be released.
--William Wang 01:26, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
I've decided that Mozilla Calendar is part of Sunbird's historical background rather than a complete application in itself. It's just a name, and the codebase of Sunbird and Lightning derives from whatever progress was made on the original Mozilla Calendar project. This merger would mean that Sunbird Project becomes a very comprehensive article, and Mozilla Calendar would redirect to this. In 5 days, if no-one comments I will start the merge myself and leave it to you to revert as you see fit if you feel my decision was not appropriate, as per WP:MM. If a consensus agrees with me, I will do the merge sooner. Thanks, T. Moitie 14:48, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- I concur with the merger to "Sunbird". —Nightstallion (?) 17:52, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oh well, one vote wasn't really enough to count as a concensus, so I waited the 5 days anyway. The merge is complete and redirect is now in place and working. There was a bunch of links on the Mozilla Calendar article that could have been worked into this one as citations and references, I will look into that when I get to the bottom of my todo list for tonight. -T. Moitie 19:50, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
For the sake of maintainability, I split this article into three, the two others being Mozilla Sunbird and Mozilla Lightning. (Although I'm not sure about Lightning, as it isn't officially called "Mozilla Lightning"; I just overwrote an existing redirect.) I'll do some cleanup on all three articles later. - Sikon 10:14, 8 September 2006 (UTC)