- Is it reasonably well written?
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- Pass or Fail:
- The lead's prose feels somewhat disconnected - while it is comprehensive and does explain the article well it feels rather choppy. I just looked at Bath Abbey's lead and felt like it was a good example. Could you merge some of the third paragraph into the first or expand the first?
- Other than this the lead does summarise the article well, so this part meets the GA criteria!
- "The refounders of the Abbey is not completely clear; however in a document of 1535, drawn up following the Valor Ecclesiasticus, Centwine, Ine, Æthelstan and Æthelred are claimed as founders." - this doesn't make a lot of sense! Were Centwine, Ine, Æthelstan and Æthelred the founders? How about something like The re-founders of the Abbey are not completely clear; however in a document dated from 1535 (drawn up following the Valor Ecclesiasticus), Centwine, Ine, Æthelstan and Æthelred are claimed as founders or something similar to that?
- The flow of this section is again somewhat choppy, but I've merged a paragraph according to chronological order so it appears smoother. If this is OK with you? But other than that the section is comprehensive and everything else appears fine.
- Ref 11 appears to be broken or non-existent
This is a compact and broad article, however the only things standing in the way of it becoming GA are a few lead issues and some confusing sentences in the History section. There is also a broken ref but other than this everything meets the GA criteria. I'll put this on hold for the standard seven days and once they have been addressed I'll take another look. Thanks! ☠ Jaguar ☠ 18:56, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
Close - promoted
@Rodw: thank you for addressing those concerns so swiftly! The article now meets the GA criteria. The lead is in good standing, all the references are fine and the prose is looking a lot better. This is a well-written article - one to add to the vast collection of Somerset GA's! ☠ Jaguar ☠ 21:42, 20 August 2014 (UTC)