|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Oppose - Munich Re Foundation is a strictly independent charitable non-profit foundation. It has nothing to do with Munich Re Insurance Business. Ebendt (talk) 16:58, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
- Merge - I note that the merge was done and then reversed (without comment here). It is not the case that the Munich Re Foundation is "strictly independent" of Munich Re. Looking at the board of trustees, most, including the chair, are also board members, employees or former employees of Munich Re. Look at the preamble to their articles of association, which starts "Munich Re concerns itself with the great challenges facing the world today ... ". The first sentence of their about us page says "Munich Re has been handling global risks since 1880". Even more seriously, the Munich Re corporate page itself lists the annual reviews of the Munich Re Foundation.
- It's great that Munich Re has established and invested in a charitable trust with noble aims, but its current leadership and its active ties to "Munich Re" suggests that it cannot be considered as strictly independent.
- I note that the merge proposal originated from a template:db-spam tag (liable for a 'speedy delete') on 11th April 2012; my interpretation therefore is that intention was that a merge was preferable to a deletion. Klbrain (talk) 11:51, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
|The content of Munich Re Foundation was merged into Munich Re on 23 May 2016. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Munich Re. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150402201049/http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20150216233937 to http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20150216233937
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20041215165813/http://biz.yahoo.com:80/ic/91/91173.html to http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/91/91173.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.