- The following is a closed discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was No move Parsecboy (talk) 01:25, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm not sure what it should be moved to, per se, but I am pretty sure that wikipedia convention specifies a state/province/area qualifier for non-huge cities? -Zeus-uc 23:12, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Your right that the correct title is not the current title but for different reasons. To quote WP:WikiProject_Germany/Conventions#German_abbreviations, "Wikipedia does not use the German-language system of hyphenating the subdivisions of municipalities, as this meaning is not intelligible in English..."
Since there is already another primary meaning for Hardenberg, I like the title Hardenberg, Lower Saxony (sort of) per WP:WikiProject_Germany/Conventions#Disambiguation and per common usage for German towns at Wikipedia. — AjaxSmack 01:10, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Interesting. That makes sense, thanks. -Zeus-uc 13:58, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Is this a subdivision of a Lower Saxon town of Hardenberg? If so, where's the article on the town itself? Septentrionalis PMAnderson 18:31, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, the idea was that it was a subdivision of "Nörten" but I had misread Northeim as Nörten so I withdraw my suggestion and support the current title, Nörten-Hardenberg, per the exception in WP:WikiProject_Germany/Conventions#German_abbreviations for towns that have been merged. (Explained here in German: "1928/29 wurden aufgrund des „Gesetz[es] über die Regelung verschiedener Punkte des Gemeindeverfassungsrechts“ Marienstein (Nörten-Hardenberg) und der Hardenberg im Flecken Nörten-Hardenberg zusammengefasst. Dieses Gesetz wurde unter dem damaligen preußischen Ministerpräsidenten Otto Braun und seinem Innenminister Albert Grzesinski verabschiedet, um einerseits die Gutsbezirke zu demokratisieren (=> Hardenberg) und andererseits durch Zusammenlegung mehrerer Landgemeinden Verwaltungskosten einzusparen (=> Marienstein (Nörten-Hardenberg)).") — AjaxSmack 15:03, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Since this title is not ambiguous, there is no need for disambiguation, hence no need for a moveJasy jatere (talk) 15:51, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.