|This is not a forum for general discussion about N-Dubz. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about N-Dubz at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Hip hop||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on April 12, 2007. The result of the discussion was delete.|
- 1 Affiliation with JLS
- 2 Picture
- 3 Favouritism?
- 4 mistake
- 5 Tulisa, Dappy, Fazer pages?
- 6 You Better Not Waste My Time
- 7 Swine flu
- 8 MOBO's
- 9 Dubplate Drama
- 10 Text Message Death Threat
- 11 Semi-protected
- 12 Middle Class
- 13 Edit request from Pastapascal, 7 September 2010
- 14 Awards
- 15 Hip Hop?
- 16 18 Month Solo Projects
- 17 Def Jam / Record Labels
- 18 Edit request from , 14 November 2011
- 19 Split confirmed by T.Contostavlos
- 20 Claims of estates and gang culture?
- 21 Semi-protected edit request on 4 May 2015
Affiliation with JLS
What does N-Dubz have in common with JLS? Unless they've done a song together, then their is no relation between the two apart from they are UK acts. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:41, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
Why do they never allow a picture for this page, even if it's a album or single cover that has been approved to be on wikipedia, the main picture of this page always gets deleted, why? —Preceding unsigned comment added by MatthewWaller (talk • contribs) 18:30, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- You have to take a picture of the band yourself and release the copyright. That, or contact the band and have them give Wikipedia permission to use a photo of themselves. Chubbles (talk) 18:50, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
After winning a MOBO for Best Newcomer, the group signed to Polydor Records and re-released their first single "You Better Not Waste My Time" on the label, which debuted at #26 on the UK singles chart, which is now their highest chart position to date until "OUCH" was released which is now the highest they have ever achieved with a staggering 22# in the singles chart.
strong again is on the uncle b album replace - on album column of Strong Again with Uncle B
all the band members are from a medditeranean island called cyprus richard is half g cypriot and half black —Preceding unsigned comment added by Krissie45 (talk • contribs) 09:51, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Tulisa, Dappy, Fazer pages?
- Tulisa and Fazer have their own articles, see Tulisa Contostavlos and Richard Rawson. MissusCitrus (talk) 15:40, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
You Better Not Waste My Time
The song's name is 'Better Not Waste My Time'. But on the album page and the discography page (and the songs own page) it is named "You Better Not Waste My Time". Can someone change it and get rid of the 'You'? Because it is not in the title. I don't know why it's there. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:28, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- The page is not fully locked so you are able to make edits yourself if you register. Best wishes. Sky83 (talk) 13:34, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
The page needs to updated to say "N-Dubz are a multi-MOBO award winning hip hop group from London" after the MOBO's 2009, they picked up a further 2 MOBO's.
Text Message Death Threat
the information surrounding this controversy needs updating, dappy has now apologised "I called her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse for my behaviour" despite the fact he text her the day after. the full text can be displayed "your gonna die. U sent a very bad msg towards Ndubz on The Chris Moyels [sic] Show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!!! If u say sorry I will leave you alone." as the full text shows how much of a cock he is. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:11, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
Seriously though, this page is locked because it's vandalised by semi-literate teenagers who use "street speak" such as "dat, dis and dur". If this is meant to be something resembling an encylopedic entry, more discussion about their musical ability and perceived audience base should be conveyed in the article. I recently saw a program on Channel 4 called N-Dubz: Where would you be without music? In all honesty, probably the Jeremy Kyle Show! N-Dubz are nothing more than a record company's cynical attempt to tap into the the "delinquent" teenage market of the 21st century.
- Where would they be without music?
It is ridiculous to claim they came from tough working class backgrounds, Dappy's father was a rock star in the band Mungo Jerry, and they went to school in Primrose Hill with The Miliband brothers. They are about as working class as Boris Johnson. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:50, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Edit request from Pastapascal, 7 September 2010
|2010||BT Digital Music Awards||Best Group||Pending|
|Best Video (Say Its Over)||Pending|
- Not done: Wikipedia is not a crystal ball; the results will be added once the awards are announced. Thanks, Stickee (talk) 02:00, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
That's a bit of an insult to the genre, am I the only one who thinks they shouldn't be described as a hip hop band? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Nowinaminute (talk • contribs) 00:30, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
18 Month Solo Projects
Since the band are taking 18 months / 2 years off to do solo projects, surely there should be a section about that. As well as a summary of what they are doing. Dappy's singles / albums, Tulisa's x factor and Fazers production work with Chris Brown, Tinie Tempah and Katy Perry, etc. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Soniclugia (talk • contribs) 06:33, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
Def Jam / Record Labels
N-Dubz have walked away from Def Jam after they didnt want to follow the direction the label wanted them to go. They are now not signed to them anymore. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:27, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Edit request from , 14 November 2011
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
the female from n-dubz has a kid
- Not done A reference is needed to add such a fact, plus I don't think it is relevant to the article about the band the "female" is in. It may be relevant, if properly sourced, in the article about the person. Zidanie5 (talk) 12:06, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
Split confirmed by T.Contostavlos
Last night it was confirmed by Tulisa via her twitter account that the band have split and not getting back together as otherwise thought. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wizzy500 (talk • contribs) 10:44, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- That doesn't look like an "official confirmation" about a group split. Their conversation on Twitter has been exaggerated by DailyMail. Tulisa and Dappy are just having a disagreement. That doesn't mean that its an official split. We should just stick with the 'hiatus' status for now. Here's some sources that show that they haven't really split.. Masterpeace3 (talk) 05:13, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
Claims of estates and gang culture?
The sources for the claim 'hey had a hard upbringing, living on tough estates ' is extremely questionable. I think it might be worth considering changing to 'they like to present an image of having grown up on tough estates', as anyone who actually looks into it realises quite quickly that they grew up and come from extremely well off areas/backgrounds (none of them lived on estates at all), which despite having hard lives in other areas (such as their family problems) makes for a accurate and better researched article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:20, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 4 May 2015
|This edit request has been answered. Set the