Talk:Name It and Frame It?
|WikiProject Skepticism||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
The list of degree mills
The list of degree mills has value as the list of List of unaccredited institutions of higher learning has good and bad. This has the ones the author believes is bad, and has ones not on that list. I see no need for its removal.PatriotBible 23:01, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- We don't do multiple lists on the same topic. Merge any missing schools to List of unaccredited institutions of higher learning, but wikipedia is not a free web host for Levicoff's list from 1993. --JJay 23:46, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- How do you equate the wikipedia list link with Levicoff's list? PatriotBible 23:58, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- Levicoff could potentially be a source for the wikipedia list. That being said, we can not recreate his list here for copyvio reasons among the others already mentioned. If he has published it somewhere on the internet then link to it. --JJay 00:19, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Is that your issue a copyright violation? PatriotBible 00:22, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's all spelled out above. What do you not understand? --JJay 00:24, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
That "list" does not exist in the book. Rather on pages 109-148 he describes each "degree mill school" in alphabetical order. I typed the list as it is each school mentioned in the chapter, all of which he considers mills. Hence, it is not a copyright issue, but a verifiable wikipedia description of the schools he analysized and deemed "mills". Go to your local library and see for yourself.
I included the list as it is helpful for people to see which places have been called degree mills. The wikipedia list of unaccredited places is not the samething. I am rather disappointed I spent the time typing it to warn people only to have it removed.
- What exactly is different about the wikipedia list? It seems clearly to be the identical topic. I can't see any point in having two lists (and what's worse of mostly red links), nor do I understand why we should do a separate list just for this self-published book. Add the schools to the wikipedia list and footnote it to Levicoff. --JJay 03:34, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- So its not a copyright violation. We are left with your belief that a list made by wikipedia users for unaccredited schools, both good and bad, is no different than a list made from a book that discusses degree mills.
- What do you not understand? Why are you doing this? You clearly have a history of trying to remove these helpful lists and here, as stated with that link, you wanted to keep a list of schools that was a copyright violation. What are doing? Why the hypocrisy? PatriotBible 08:38, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
To JJay, who has been adding the merge note. This is a list compiled by the author and is what the book is about. Stop reverting without discussion. No one wants it off the page. FGT2 19:04, 2 February 2007 (UTC)