|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I think this sentence in the Economy and Communications section needs to be clarified:
"Narvik was founded in 1902 as an all-year ice free port for the Kiruna and Gällivare iron mines, and given the name Victoriahavn (Victoria harbor) until 1898, when the name was changed to Narvik."
teneriff 01:43, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for pointing out this seemingly inconsistency, I have now clarified the matter in the article. Orcaborealis 07:50, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Importance of Narvik article
Narvik was the first town in WW2 where the armed forces of Nazi Germany was kicked out of town and the allied took it back. Thus, Narvik was very much in the world media at the time, and war veterans from France, Britain, Poland, Germany and off course Norway have often visited the town. The Germany Navy lost about half its destroyer force in the fjord. Orcaborealis 21:16, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
The Loss of HMS "Glorious"
I added the lost of Glorious Aircraft Carrier due to the importance of this events related to the battle at Narvik ; even the carrier destroyed on the way back to England. I didn't want to elongate the paragraph as it can be done in other articles --Hiens 10:52, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Narvik. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080113142921/http://met.no/observasjoner/nordland/normaler_for_kommune_1805.html?kommuner to http://met.no/observasjoner/nordland/normaler_for_kommune_1805.html?kommuner
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060213014330/http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004070 to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004070
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040614073527/http://eklima.met.no/ to http://eklima.met.no/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.