Talk:National Association of Underwater Instructors
|WikiProject Scuba diving||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Oldest SCUBA Training Agency
It is stated in this article that NAUI is the oldest SCUBA training agency:
"NAUI Worldwide is the world's oldest not-for-profit membership training agency organized solely to support and promote dive safety through education. Formed in 1959...".
- Referencing BSAC in a NAUI aritcle is inappropriate. The article was amended to read, "Formed in 1959, NAUI Worldwide is the oldest international not-for-profit membership training agency..." — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:22, 18 May 2006
A "Further reading cleanup" template has been added to the article because the list of reading is largely "off-topic" and should be pruned down to texts specifically concerned with the subject of the "National Association of Underwater Instructors". Regards Cowdy001 (talk) 07:02, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- You are right. Most of the further reading does not appear to have anything at all to do with NAUI. Two items are by Bruce Wienke who is associated with NAUI, but even those are probably mainly off-topic. They are quite possibly all good references for diving, but are unlikely to reveal any new insights into the article subject. • • • Peter (Southwood) (talk): 16:40, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on National Association of Underwater Instructors. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151222132601/http://www.naui.org/PDFfiles/NAUI%20URP%20Student%20Kit.pdf to http://www.naui.org/PDFfiles/NAUI%20URP%20Student%20Kit.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.