Talk:National Liberation Front (Algeria)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Using intimidation and terror, nearly all the nationalist organizations in Algeria had joined the FLN by 1956- the most important exception being Messali Hadj's Mouvement National Algérien (MNA).
If something is not clear here please let me know before reverting. Thanks.
- First, its unclear who used terror (you mean FLN, but it doesn't say that). Second, neutral terms (unlike "terror") should generally be used in Wikipedia, to avoid giving the impression of a having a specific point of view. The same thing could be said in a different way: I'll rewrite it, and you can see if you're okay with that. Arre 16:56, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- I understand, if you do not know what were the FLN method to unify algerians organisation. The words you use could fit for the unification of french resistance during WWII : a mix of coopting and coercing smaller organizations. It definitively do not paint what were FLN methods. The brutality of FLN leaders is a fact : they clairely used terror. Is this word taboo ? This word as a neutral meaning when it describe facts. Tell me what do you think about my rewrite. AtiN 20:14, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, they used terror, although it was certainly dwarfed in scale by the actions of the French army. But this word is generally not used descriptively in Wikipedia, and shouldn't be either for FLN or France. Neither is strong, emotional words like your suggestions of "murderd" and "massacred". Unless there's a longer piece on it, with a detailed explanation of who did what for why reason, inserting that kind of gory wording, with nothing to counter-balance it, gives the article a bias. It should go. Arre 21:28, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
I wasn't aware that bombing Ice Cream Cafes was considered guerilla warfare. Certainly they carried out guerrilla warfare against the French but they also used purely terroristic attacks as well. This should be clarified —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:12, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
was this group ever a marxist organization? The artcle doesn't make it clear.Die4Dixie 23:54, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- No, from my understanding "Arab Socialism" is largely anti-Marxist & authoritarian. It is more in line with Stalinism & rejects pluralism. JanderVK (talk) 18:57, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Assassination of NLF members by La Main Rouge
There are articles in the french and german wikipedia about 'La Main Rouge' a french organization who is said to be accountable for the killing of several NLF members, some of them happen in Germany. If it is notable I can help to translate the german article.--Flegmon (talk) 22:48, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
In the ideology section, the FLN's brand of Algerian nationalism is described as being within the framework of Arab nationalism. Is that still the case? There's no discussion about that. Charles Essie (talk) 22:32, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on National Liberation Front (Algeria). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Replaced archive link http://archive.wikiwix.com/cache/?url=http://www.cehd.sga.defense.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/cahier24.pdf with https://web.archive.org/web/20081201232906/http://www.cehd.sga.defense.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/cahier24.pdf on http://www.cehd.sga.defense.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/cahier24.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.