Talk:National Priorities List
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
List of sites
- The link to the official NPL is in the External Links section of the article. If the EPA list was copied into the article, it would need frequent updating. Not worth the effort, IMHO. Moreau1 (talk) 00:58, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
It is interesting that the entire concept of a National Priorities List is so narrowly described and co-opted by EPA superfund sites. What if the American People could come up with a list of things they perceive to be important for the common good. What if there was a public forum for the discussion and nomination of projects or goals that need to be achieved. What if each politician, judge, congressmen and media hypster had to swear an oath to work toward the achievement of these goals or face dismissal. This list and its supporters could then form a clear mission focus to government. This would then be put to a national debate and these goals would then become the focus of a framework to elect officials, judges and law makers who would be responsible for executing the method and fix demanded by the people. I got this idea from my time working for the US Army and their Integrated Priorities List.
What would this National Political Priorities List look like?
1. Get money out of politics.
2. End our dependence on fossil fuels.
3. End corporate welfare if they are "people" then they should pay their taxes just like the other 98 percent of the population. If a company is too big to fail it should not exist.
3a. Democratize the workplace based on something like Modragon for a model.
4. End corporate control of mass media. (Why should we worship the crowd who corrupt and pollute our thought processes and national character to create a cult of fashion and sexist racist art.)
4a. To the extent that everything published is an attempt to spread ideology e.g., propaganda do away with all copyright laws. Every song, poem, movie, book, or idea is public domain. Providing attribution is provided entire works can be freely copied, shared and examined for their influence on public policy.
4b. Change the patent laws so that if an idea is not used within a limited time frame it becomes public domain. This would enable the development of products that would reduce our energy requirements.
5. Nationalize the internet and push broadband to every square inch of the nation.
6. Figure out how to vote on everything every hour every day.
7. Democratize the National, State and Local governments.
7a. Managers, Councilmembers, judges who do not work toward the implementation of these priorities would be fired and or charged with criminal behaviour and face fines and or imprisonment.
8. Make self sufficiency in food a national priority. (will reduce transportation costs and improve the quality of food) [[User:Sunwukong|Sunwukong] (talk) 15:42, 20160123 (UTC)