Talk:Nawabs of Bengal and Murshidabad/GA1
|Looks good, should use commons:template:pd-old-100 though.|
- To start with, the articles needs to be moved to Nawabs of Bengal and Murshidbad. The ampersand is not acceptable in the title, per WP:AMPERSAND.
- The article begins with a completely wrong sentence, that the nawabs were rulers of Bengal from 1740 to 1969. Are you kidding? India became independent in 1947. Even befor that Bengal was under the Britsh crown. The nawabs can not be rulers during this time. I do not know what exact official roles they played, but definitely they were not rulers. May be they acted as jamindars or something like that under the British. The ruling part perhaps ended with the battle of Plassey. So please clarify and use appropriate terms.--Dwaipayan (talk) 19:52, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- Not resolved. I do not think they were rulers of Bengal even under the British rule. if you have reference, please provide it. I do not know about the Nawab's status before 1857, but after that the Bengal area came under the direct control of the British Crown, so Nawabs were not rulers anymore after this. Even for their ruling status before 1857, you need to provide reference. And what exact area wea ctually under them? The whole Bengal? Or just around Murshidabad?--Dwaipayan (talk) 06:28, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Please note: Bengal was a province of the British during the British Raj. During the partition of Bengal (1905–1911), a new province, Assam and East Bengal was created as a Lieutenant-Governorship. In 1911, East Bengal was reunited with Bengal, and the new provinces in the east became: Assam, Bengal, Bihar and Orissa. After the rebellion of 1857 the power to rule was passed over to the British Crown. Administrative control of India came under the prestigious Indian Civil Service which had administrative control over all districts outside the princely states. So Nawabs of Bengal were still the rulers of Bengal but they followed the system of Dual Government. And it has been well mentioned in the article that the Nawabs of Bengal ruled over Bengal, Bihar and Orissa while the Nawabs of Murshidabad ruled over Murshidabad. At last I would say that after finding reliable sources I would surely add them as soon as possible. Thank you. Tamravidhir(২০১২) 12:44, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Last two sentences are unreferenced. Please add references. Thine Antique Pen (public) 13:38, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
History before the Nawabs' rule (section)
- Rule over Bengal in BC: last sentence is unreferenced Done
- Ilyas Shahi dynasty: missing a full stop at the end of the last sentence Done
- Mughal Empire and others: last sentence in paragraph 1 is unreferenced Done
- Mughal Empire and others: entire second paragraph is unreferenced Done
- Emergence of the Nawab of Bengal: space needs to be added after ref #26 Done by the way it's ref #29 not ref #26
- Emergence of the Nawab of Bengal: ref required at end. Done
History during the Nawabs' rule (section)
- Dynasties: first paragraph is unreferenced Done
- Under the Mughals: no references at all
- Maratha expeditions: looks good Thank you
- Under British Rule: looks good Thank you
- Decline of the Nawab of Bengal: looks good Thank you
- Emergence of the Nawab of Murshidabad: last sentence in first paragraph is unreferenced. Done
List of the Nawabs of Bengal (chronologically) (section)
Please remove the reference from the title, and include in a header in the table. Done
List of the Nawabs of Murshidabad (chronologically) (section)
Please add a reference. Done
- Is it reasonably well written?
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- A. Major aspects:
- B. Focused:
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- Pass or Fail: