|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Neil Tennant article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
For those of u who think this isnt neil tennent,i cant do anything but this is from a confirmed source.Neil is short sighted and has always worn glasses before taking up contact lens.
I swear, someone once asked me how I could be a Pet Shop Boys fan when I knew Neil Tennant was homosexual. I can't believe why this should matter. I'm not dating Tennant or anything, I just listen to his music. Is anything homosexuals do automatically "tainted" by homosexuality? Alan Turing was a closet homosexual. Does this mean Turing-completeness and Turing machines, some of the most basic principles in computer science, are evil and should not be used anywhere? — JIP | Talk 17:28, 28 December 2005 (UTC)
- In my view, Tennant wasn't out before the early 1990's, nor was he in the closet to begin with. Honestly, for although he did not commment explicitly on gay rumours-- and they were REALLY widespread-- during the 1980s, he did not turn out to be another Rock Hudson, or some other chap who married a woman for the sake of maintaning his star status by staying deeply in the closet. Some of my friends asked me the same thing you've been asked, and I know what it feels like-- those kind of people tend to think of you as "gay by association"-- but the fact that I like many gay icons and gay artists is, by no means, solid evidence to define your own sexual orientation. (Crazychap, 9:45 GMT, 10 January 2006)
- And it's also very interesting that various surveys have shown that many and most of PSB fans are heterosexual. Many of their most romantic songs are written and have been written with no particular gender in mind; they could easily be heterosexual in message and orientation. The boys have said so themselves. (15:20, EST, 1 June, 2006)
- I'm sorry for breaking into your conversation (which should have been ended for more than a year), but does anybody in the world mind that another (and perhaps the most famous) singer's of the UK, Elton John's coming out had been decades ago, and this fact doesn't prevent him from being that what he is? Due to the same logic, why must another famous singer hide his sexual preference?.. --David.s.kats (talk) 23:46, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
Tennant and Tennant
In the TRIVIA section, the phrase "interview with Tennant" should be rephrased to make more clear which Tennant, David or Neil, is being talked about specifically.
info needs to be changes, he was born in Tyne and Wear not Northumberland....
>>Yes, but Tyne and Wear wasn't created until 1972 so Tennant was indeed born in Northumberland.
- It was created in 1974, hence he was born in Northumberland. Jim Michael (talk) 19:25, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey guys.. Neil Isn´t dead.. please correct that...
John Hannah resemblance
Actor John Hannah could play singer Neil Tennant if someone ever wrote a script about the Pet Shop Boys. They look alike, at least to me. Neil is hairy and John is smooth, however.
Jimmy Fallon impersonation
It turns out that on Saturday Night Live he was impersonated by Jimmy Fallon. The joke was that since the 1980s, he works in a pet shop. I'm not sure if PBS would laugh or gasp. I don't know if they think, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."
He comes from a Catholic upbringing, but I don't find any evidence if he follows any religion currently. Some of his songs are also critical of Catholicism. I did a search in the google and couldn't find any evidence of which are currently his religious beliefs, if any. Unless if someone provides the right sources, he shouldn't appear in the Catholic and Christian categories were he appeared.22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:44, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, religious categories must be removed if the sources do not back them up (as per BLP). Ash (talk) 17:47, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
Hoax news report
- This story has been confirmed as a hoax. Timothy Titus Talk To TT 05:03, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
The article states; He has since switched allegiance to the Liberal Democrats
The quote in the source is from a spokesman; "Neil has always been a Labour Party supporter, but at the last election he voted Liberal Democrat because he is completely against the idea of ID cards.
I'm not sure that they are the same thing. I personaly have been a member and thus a supporter of one party but have voted for an individual of a different party as a personal vote rather than a party political one. Obviously this is slightly different but I feel it demonstrates the point I am making.
Beside, this was 9 years ago and the situation may well have changed since then (a week is a long time in politics and all that), so I suggest this ought to be in past tense anyway --wintonian talk 19:48, 25 March 2016 (UTC)