|WikiProject Software / Computing||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Links from this article with broken #section links :
The following sentence from the lead does not make sense. What should it be?
- ... has been optimized for use virtualized server environments NAS and iSCSI and Fibre Channel applications built around the ZFS file system.
It is better at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexenta_OS#NexentaStor, but it still does not make sense:
- ... is optimized for use in virtualized server environments including NAS, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel applications,
Copied information is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexenta_OS#NexentaStor
- File system: ZFS
- Block-level replication
- File-level replication
- ZFS snapshot level replication
- VMware ESX integration
- WORM (Write Once Read Many) support
- Many plugin extensions
- Protocols: CIFS (via high-performance kernel-level CIFS implementation), FTP, NFS, SSH, rsync, WebDAV.
- rsync server, client and local synchronisation.
- iSCSI targets feature to create virtual disks.
- iSCSI initiator.
- Hard drive: P-ATA/S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB and Firewire.
- Networks cards: All wired and wireless cards supported by OpenSolaris.
- Boot from HDD or USB flash drive.
- Hardware RAID cards: All those supported by OpenSolaris.
- Software RAID levels: 0, 1, 5, JBOD, 5+0, 5+1, 0+1, 1+0, etc. (using ZFS).
- Management of groups and users (Local User authentication or Microsoft Domains).
- S.M.A.R.T. support.
- SNMP monitoring (Netgraph and MibII).
- Email log and reporting notification.
- ATA over Ethernet (AoE)