Talk:Nicktoons (TV channel)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Nicktoons (TV channel) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This is not a forum for general discussion about rants, reviews, or any other forum like topics. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about rants, reviews, or any other forum like topics at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Comments
- 2 Advertising.
- 3 Comcast not a satellite company
- 4 AAAHH!!! Real Monsters! is gone
- 5 Regarding Programs That Were "Formerly" Broadcast
- 6 Logos
- 7 Capital T
- 8 Skyland
- 9 Angry Beavers
- 10 :(
- 11 Infobox
- 12 Nicktoons Network Becoming A New Channel
- 13 NICKTOONS US IS NOT REBRANDING
- 14 Danny Phantom, All Grown Up and Catscratch
- 15 Yakkity Yak Returned To Nicktoons Network
- 16 Kaput & Zosky Is Returning
- 17 TWF
- 18 Stop changing Show off Your Show!!
- 19 Current Schedule
- 20 My Dad the Rock Star Returned To Nicktoons Network
- 21 New Current Schedule
- 22 Rocket Power
- 23 Hey Arnold
- 24 Censoring
- 25 Rocko's Modern Life
- 26 Shows Are Not In The TV Schedule Lineup
- 27 why, nicktoons!? why!?!?!
- 28 End of current logo?
- 29 Nicktoons Network New Logo
- 30 Logos
- 31 Undo Redirects
- 32 Get The NickToons TV Back On The Air!!
- 33 Catdog & Rocko's Modern Life Are Back On Nicktoons
- 34 Logo Problem
- 35 Dubious
- 36 Why was the page, "Nicktoons" (Not the channel), deleted?
- 37 Requested move 1
- 38 Requested move 2
- 39 Nicksports
- 40 Requested move 30 June 2017
The sentence "Nicktoons plays or has played every Nickelodeon cartoon to first air in later or earlier." in the article does not make sense, previously it was "Nicktoons plays or has played every Nickelodeon cartoon to first air in 2002 or earlier." I'd correct it but I don't have knowledge about Nicktoons. Can someone else who knows what this sentence is supposed to mean correct it? Qutezuce 03:33, July 22, 2005 (UTC)
By the way, Nicktoons Network is only similar to Cartoon sister channels like Toon Dinsey or Cartoon Network's Boomerang. Now please, only sister channels. Cartoon Network is NOT a sister channel.
Well, Nicktoons started in 1991, so what I guess it means is that it has aired every Nicktoon in between 1991 and 2002 at least once, but they (whoever "they" is) have the right to kick a show off the air as long as it had aired one episode. However, with the fact clearly stated that All Grown Up! will be airing in the future, I'd say the only thing to correct is that a Nicktoon won't be aired if it has a post-2002 airdate. --Wack'd About Wiki 13:32, 10 August 2005 (UTC)
As told in the article, Nicktoons was supposed to have commercials by August, 2005. However, as of this writing (January 16, 2006), I still haven't seena single commercial, other than their bumps for their shows/network and the in-between cartoons between features. For the record, I'm on DirecTV. --184.108.40.206 13:05, 16 January 2006 (UTC)
Well, I've seen some commercials on Nicktoons Network, but not that many of them. Squirepants101 23:49, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with 220.127.116.11, I have not seen a single ad on the network. And I generally have it on for at least half an hour everyday. captbananas 10:54, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
Ok, there is probably 1 0r 2 per every hour. You just need to keep watching!-GD1223
Comcast not a satellite company
the infobox shows Comcast as a satellite channel/company but it is a cable company. Also, cable channels are generally not congruent among different regions. Mike Richardson 07:23, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters! is gone
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters has been dropped from regular scheduling.
I hear AAAHH!!! Real Monsters is returning to nicktoons starting january 3, 2011 along with Kaput & Zosky.
Regarding Programs That Were "Formerly" Broadcast
I want to make it known that while shows such as Charlie Brown, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs are OBVIOUSLY not returning, Nicktoons originals such as The Wild Thornberrys could just be currently off the schedule. Those shows could come back some day, and I think the article needs to be edited to reflect that.
- Roger that. Both The Wild Thornberrys and Oh Yeah! Cartoons are back.
- Copy that. Both As Told By Ginger, Chalkzone, Rocket Power are back.
GF to headquarters. Wh yare we talking like astronauts? Over. --Glitch Freak
There was one more logo you forgot that they used it was a gray,Black,and white version of the nickelodeon splat
Please stop spelling "Nicktoons" with a capital T. It is not capitalized. The network site does not spell it like "NickToons Network"18.104.22.168 03:21, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
I think it should be noted that it preimered in January.
Although many websites and TV guides still list the Angry Beavers on their schedules, all of its airings have been replaced with Rocko or Ren & Stimpy. So please keep the beavers in the "formerly broadcast" section. Thank you. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:34, 18 January 2007 (UTC).
Also - Planet Sketch has been picked up by Nicktoons Network for a debut in the spring (see external references on Planet Sketch page). Please leave it in the "programs soon to be broadcast" section.
Check the website Nicktoons Network-GD1223
It probably had something to do with legal stuff. Sorry, Sklocke. I liked the show too. --Glitch Freak
Don't worry this has happened before, it will probably be back soon.--126.96.36.199 03:45, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
Hopefully, it'll return like Rocko did after a little break. Rusty5 16:34, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
- Rusty5, your theory is incorrect.
- Sure, other classics like Ren & Stimpy, ZIM, Rocko, & CatDog has returned to the line-up.
- But, unfourtunatley, we can't say the same 4 the Beavers.
- The last time we saw them was in the 2007 "SuperStuffed NickToons Weekend", and we haven't seen the show since.
- WHY, NICKTOONS, NICKELODEON, MTV, VIACOM, AND THEIR PARENT COMPANYS!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- [stops sobbing]
- Um...... that wasn't me. It was a guy who saw a rainbow.
- Anywho, no. Angry Beavers is not returning to the spotlight.
- Go 2 YouTube if you wanna see them again.
- You'll thank me for this!!
It's needing to be fixed.04:19, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Nicktoons Network Becoming A New Channel
According to senior producer Tracey Cleland, the network will soon be redesigned again in a way that will "combine live action and 3D animation realistically".
thats crap. its not true188.8.131.52 03:02, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
NICKTOONS US IS NOT REBRANDING
Please stop adding bullshit about tracey cleland and live action idents and whatnot. Tracey Cleland works for Nicktoons IN THE U.K. Did anyone read the article and notice it talks about Sky Digital? Also, Nicktoons UK has a different logo now. Nicktoons UK has already rebranded. So it proves that Nicktoons US is staying the same. (Which i think is a good thing). Live action has no place on a cartoon channel, ident or not.184.108.40.206 17:54, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Danny Phantom, All Grown Up and Catscratch
Why ain't this shows in the soon to be sectionSonicrules2 01:37, 7 April 2007 (UTC)Sonicrules2
Danny Phantom is Now On Nicktoons Network.
Catscratch returns 8/2/07
Yakkity Yak Returned To Nicktoons Network
They are returning Yakkity Yak on Nicktoons Network on Monday, April 30, 2007. But Will Aaahh!!! Real Monsters,Kaput and Zosky,The Angry Beavers Returned To Nicktoons Network verry soon?
- We can keep praying they will. Keep in mind that Yakkity Yak is getting a very small, inconvenient slot. I'm suspecting not much better will be given to the oldies if they do return. I blame the new shows they're bringing in, which they think the audience does want. Rusty5 17:17, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
- I watched Nicktoons as long as I can remember. And I gurantee you, Nicktoons ain't gonna return that said show anytime soon.
Kaput & Zosky Is Returning
kaput and zosky returning in September 1, 2007.
- i clearly doubt it. they stopped showing that show in 2006 and as to today and that's final. old school nicktoons tv is downhill. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:27, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
The Thumbs are back, so I'm going to take it out of the "Former Block" Section. However, that would require taking out the section all together because that's the only thing in there. Just saying, I'm the one who's doing this, so you can rant and rave all you want, but TWF is back on. See ya. Spottedstripe 12:46, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Stop changing Show off Your Show!!
Whoever keeps changing "Show Off Your Show (Nicktoons Network)" to jsut "Show off Your Show" on the "Network Blacks" section, stop! "Show off Your Show" is not a link, but "Show Off Your Show (Nicktoons Network) is. I should know, because I created the article! Regards, Spottedstripe 01:27, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- I moved Show Off Your Show (Nicktoons Network) to Show Off Your Show to simplify the name. --Caldorwards4 01:29, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- I just redirected it. People are bound to get confused at just "Show Off Your Show". Spottedstripe 01:31, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
The TV guides have not yet updated with the change, but Thornberrys, My Dad the Rock Star, Chalkzone, and Ginger HAVE all been removed from the network.
My Dad the Rock Star Returned To Nicktoons Network
They are returning My Dad the Rock Star on Nicktoons Network on September 9, 2007.
New Current Schedule
The TV guides have not yet updated with the change, but Invader Zim, Oh Yeah! Cartoons, Rocko's Modern Life, The Ren & Stimpy Show, and The X's have all been removed from the network.
- Nicktoons Network returned Invader ZIM quite a while ago, so you can watch that if you're a ZIM fan. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:23, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Is Rocket Power off the schedule or not! TV Guide says it's off until 10/1/07. However, episode summary is not updated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Idol 2006 (talk • contribs) 22:30, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Last time I watched Nicktoons, during certain Wild Thornberries episodes, those times when Eliza had up skirt shots have seem to been edited out, I'm I the only person who noticed that. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:27, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- I gurantee you 100% that they cut it out due to content. Skirt shots are too sexuall to be in a kid's show. ~~MattBoo~~
Rocko's Modern Life
Rocko's Modern Life Returned to Nicktoons Network.
Shows Are Not In The TV Schedule Lineup
My Dad the Rock Star and The X's Are Not On The TV Schedule Lineup but Corneil & Bernie is on the Schedule Lineup only on Saturday and Sunday. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:00, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
why, nicktoons!? why!?!?!
I WANT NICKTOONS TV BACK ON THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont wanna watch stupid shows for idiots, like thier dumb! teenage robot is all about being poupular, hip and how da be a robot! I SHALL DESTROY NICKTOONS NETWORK ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!! the mighty b started to brodcast eight months after it started on nickelodian and are they liars? it's a good thing spongebob and and fairy oddparents are still on the network, but other shows like doug and yakkety yak has been deleted by the time nicktoons started sucking. newer shows that had never been shown on the network might be the powerpuff girls phineas and ferb teletubies and boobah. i love the powerpuff girls and phineas and ferb are my faverite disney cartoon and a little bit of teletubies and boohbah arent that good 'cause teletubies dont know how to treat themselfes right, they are loud and foul mouthed dimwited bottomfeders and boohbah has these dumb scary dimwitted furballs which dance like idiots. the only thing that i like about teletubies and boohbah are about thier educational. tom 'n jerry should go on the network too, 'cause thier funny. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:01, 12 February 2009 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thebigfan2 (talk • contribs)
- Dude, Tom & Jerry, Boohbah, Telletubies, Powerpuff Girls, and P + F aren't, weren't, and never will be broadcast on Nicktoons. And watch the potty mouth. But I do agree with you. Nicktoons's current programming line-up sucks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:49, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
End of current logo?
I see people keep changing the page (without any source whatsoever) and saying that the current logo will be retired on September 27. They say that the reason for this is that all Nick networks are getting a logo change on that day. I don't really think that's an excuse. There is no source. What do you guys think? - Sm1ttenzd 15:34, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Is it that hard to cite sources? Other than that, until the logo actually changes on their material, it should remain the same here. --CCFreak2K (talk) 06:51, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- I shouldn't have to go around looking for sources for stuff that probably isn't true anyway. - Sm1ttenzd 15:52, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Nicktoons Network New Logo
I don't know what the new logo looks like, but here's a source that there will be a new logo:
- The new logo for "Nicktoons" yes, as evidenced by the new logo, "Network" will be removed from the name, can be seen here: . I don't have upload capabilites yet but I was able to provide the link here. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Piepie2 (talk • contribs) 05:22, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- So, you're saying that Nicktoons Network will become Nicktoons again. If that's true, please make a note of it on this article.--220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:11, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
If anyone would like to discuss the old logos being removed from this article please do it at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions#NFCC #8 and #3 are critically important. Powergate92Talk 02:13, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
For Nicktoons (TV channel), it will link to Nicktoons (2003 TV channel) (the 2003 version; replaced by Nicktoons Network), Nicktoons (2009 TV channel) (the 2009 version; will replace Nicktoons Network), and Nicktoons (UK & Ireland) (the current version).
- They're the same channel. No need to change it at all. Nate • (chatter) 00:33, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Can we just keep the logos on the Nicktoons Network article? If yes, then I'll be happy, since I can't have the logos deleted. Also, I suggest that you add the future logo. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:59, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Just rename NickToons Network to Nicktoons because it isn't NickToons Network anymore. It's called NICKTOONS as of 6am/3amP 11:18, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
Get The NickToons TV Back On The Air!!
At least NN is NickToons again, but they didn't change the programming like I told them on my "why, nicktoons!? WHY!?!?!" section! WHY DIDN'T THEY!?!?!?!?!? At least they have some classic Nicktoons remaining (CatDog, Rocko, Rugrats, ect.), but not all!!! AND THEY'RE ON IN THE FRIKIN' MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! F*** you, Nickelodeon!!! YOU USED TO BE COOL!!!!!! I fell bad for all of those Youtube users whose child paradises were KILLED BY SUCKELODEON!!!!
In all, I don't like the NickToons Network that we see now than the good one that we remember from 2002-2005).
Catdog & Rocko's Modern Life Are Back On Nicktoons
- Finally! It's about time those cocks began to rerun two of the best NickToons ever made.. Rocko and Catdog! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:17, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Yes, it is sad to say that someone keeps removing the Nicktoons TV, Nicktoons (first era) and Nicktoons Network's logos so the reader may never know what they were like. These words go specifically to MikeWazowski, the one responsible. As if TeenNick, Nick Jr, and Nickelodeon do this, Nicktoons should too. Notshane (Talk | Contributions) 00:18, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Why was the page, "Nicktoons" (Not the channel), deleted?
Now that Nicktoons has been deleted, it's very hard for me to find what I need to find. I have to dig very hard to get concrete info now. I don't see what was wrong with the original article. It only simplified things and added more information on Nicktoons. The template, in my opinion, should still be up for the same reasons. I'm (and I'm sure many others are, too) having a lot of frustration here. Anybody who says "It isn't necessary" really isn't aware of the importance of this article. --Toonipedia (talk) 13:58, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Requested move 1
Requested move 2
Should I get more detailed on Nicksports?