Talk:Ninth and Tenth Avenues Line
|WikiProject Buses||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Trains / Streetcars / in New York City||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
6/25/1859: "A resolution was introduced giving permission to Messrs. Murphy and others to connect the track o the Ninth-avenue Railroad Company with the tracks of the Hudson River and of the Sixth and Eighth ave nue Railroads. After some discussion, it was adopted unanimously."
7/23/1859: "Some time since the Common Council gave the Ninth-avenue Railroad Company permission to lay rails from the corner of Ninth avenue and Fiftyfourth street to Washington street, down Washington across Canal, to the Battery, returning by Greenwichstreet and up Ninth-avenue by a second track, to the point of starting."
9/8/1859: "THE MAYOR INTERFERES WITH A PROJECT OF THE NINTH AVENUE RAILROAD COMPANY.--The Common Council, not long ago, as our readers know, passed a resolution authorizing the Ninth-avenue Railroad Company to run their cars on the tracks of the Sixth and Eighth avenue, and Hudson River Railroad Companies, provided it was permitted so to do by those Corporations."
9/9/1859: "At the meeting of the Board of Aldermen, last evening, Alderman ?? offered a resolution directing that the Eighth avenue Railroad Company be permitted to lay a turnout or switch on the south side of their tracks in Canal-street, at or bear Broadway, and use the same for the accommodation of their cars and those of the Ninth-avenue Railroad Company."
--NE2 01:55, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
- 1865: Barclay and Broadway to 9th and 4th via Barclay, Church/Chambers-Barclay/West Broadway, West Broadway, Canal, Greenwich-Washington/Cansevoort, 9th
- 1866: Barclay and Church to 9th and 59th via Church, Chambers, West Broadway, Canal, Greenwich, 9th
- 1868: Broadway and Vesey to 9th and 51st via Vesey, Church-West Broadway, Canal, Washington/Gansevoort-Greenwich, 9th
- 1876: Broadway and Fulton to 9th and 54th via Fulton, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th
- 1876: Broadway and Fulton to 9th and 54th (depot) via Fulton, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th
- 1884: Broadway and Fulton to 9th and 64th via Fulton, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th
- Greenwich and Canal to 10th and 110th via Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th, Boulevard, 10th; transfer at Canal to regular cars
- 1898: Washington and Fulton to Amsterdam and 125th via Fulton/Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th, Columbus, Boulevard, Amsterdam
- Ninth and Amsterdam Avenues Line: Christopher Street Ferry to Amsterdam and 116th, via Christopher, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th, 65th, Broadway, 71st, Amsterdam
- Ninth and Columbus Avenues Line: Cortlandt Street Ferry to Columbus and 109th, via Cortlandt, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th, Columbus
- 1916: foot of Cortlandt or foot of Christopher to 9th and 53rd via Cortlandt or Christopher, Greenwich-Washington/Gansevoort, 9th