Talk:No income, no asset
Defined as "no income", but still has income requirement?
Perhaps someone could explain this better. NINA loans are defined by their very acronym as targeting borrowers with "no income and no assets". So if there's no income involved, the entire Income requirements subsection makes no sense at all. What gives?
Confused, -- Erik Anderson 21:29, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think that it is called "no income" because the amount of income is not specified on the loan application. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:26, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- The article sucks. There was a notations scheme to characterize the level of documentation on mortgages loans. There was always at least a credit report. The two items that would also influence loan-worthiness are income (I) and assets (A). The three levels of documentation are none (N), stated by borrower (S), verified by originator (V). A "VIVA" loan would have the highest documentation quality. DCDuring (talk) 19:16, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- We're dealing here with slang and informal usage, so there's no need to be hyper-technical here. The polite way of making a distinction among applicants was to ask if they could verify their income with W-2's and 1099's, or if the application was being made using a self-declared income amount. The distinction therefore is between verifiable income and stated income. patsw (talk) 19:34, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
Coinage of term
I don't know when it was coined but it was not as stated in the article. See this quotation from Realty Times, dated June 14, 2007: "The shift is an indication that investor's appetite for risk has diminished. The allure of the 'NINJA' loan products (no income, no job, no assets) has run its course as they are no longer producing the kinds of returns they previously had," said Ted Faravelli, a San Jose, CA-based expert witness, forensic real estate analyst and managing director for the California Association of Real Estate Appraisers.
very low quality???
Oh NOO! They have a lot of qualities: High disstress-tolerance, optimism, peacefulness, modesty - short: All those qualities of the american pioneers ... So I believe: With this selfmendacious term and thinking of "NINA == very low quality-peoples" a whole nation exhausts her future by undermining her peace and forcing a bleedy (communist, LOL) revolution in way of arrogance of the (way toooo well being! and mostly very morbid) "elites" - we know this repetitive history since Babylon, Greek, Rome, Inkas, Azthekes, Russian "Communists" - so , the US-Americans and the British Commonwealth could be the next example in this old, boring story/history - an ecyclopedy should know a little more than such banalities ... hella
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on No Income No Asset. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for //www.hclfinance.com/product.htm?partner=
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.