- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
- The result of this discussion was to Merge.NukeofEarl (talk) 17:13, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
I think that the North Australia Air War article should be merged with this article. The campaign in northern Australia during 1942-1944 was actually a series of tit-for-tat raids between Allied and Japanese forces, so presenting material in an article which only focuses on half the story (North Australia Air War) seems a bit unsatisfactory. Other editors' views on this would be great. Nick-D (talk) 06:40, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support - I agree with the proposal to merge the articles. Newm30 (talk) 08:57, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support - per NickD. Anotherclown (talk) 10:44, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Comment -- I'm dubious about an article this extensive with so few citations, and sporting an "original footnotes" section. Given that there exists an AWM resource called The north Australian air war (admittedly not available online by the look of it), I'm not sure that even merging is a good idea until we can investigate a bit further. Cheers, Ian Rose (talk) 08:10, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- I own the issue of the Journal of the Australian War Memorial (No. 8, 1986) that the article of that name was published in, and the North Australia Air War article was lifted almost word for word from it... I've just deleted the article per CSD G12. Nick-D (talk) 08:22, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
I've restored the North Australia Air War article after an ORTS ticket was lodged confirming that its author had released it under a Wikipedia-friendly license, so this discussion should probably resume. Nick-D (talk) 08:19, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.