Talk:Northeast U.S. flooding of October 2005
|WikiProject Meteorology / Flood||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
The only reference to rainfall amounts is the 2-4 additional inches expected. Nothing on what has already fallen. I think is a essential piece of information for a flooding due to rainfall article. --Holderca1 22:17, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
"Several reported deaths"
Can we have a more definitive statement than "several reported deaths" in this article? I was curious when I had read another article mentioning "widespread deaths" and hinted at a higher number than the seven mentioned for New Hampshire here. If we're treating it like a hurricane event, we should hold it to the same standards and practices, and this seems to be lacking a few needed details. B.Wind 08:24, 23 October 2005 (UTC)
- If we're holding this to the same standard as a hurricane article, then this doesn't deserve its own article. I'm sure we can make a longer and more detailed article about Arlene than this. PK9 23:52, 21 November 2005 (UTC)
- The belief that there were "widespread deaths" may have been exagerated. Keep in mind this was the same event where the on-air canoe incident occured in New Jersey, and that it was during a time of media hysteria brought on by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other stories such as Katie Courics staged interview with Iraq soliders. Any death related to the October 2005 flooding would then have to be coincidental. --Bushido Hacks 03:24, 19 March 2006 (UTC)
I lowered the article to C class because there appear to be two missing sections: Meteorological history and preparations. The criteria do state that if sections are missing, an article can be rated no better than C class. Ho ho ho. Thegreatdr (talk) 16:27, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Northeast U.S. flooding of October 2005. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070205015356/http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/18/massachusetts.dam/index.html to http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/18/massachusetts.dam/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.