|Wikipedia Version 1.0 Editorial Team / v0.7||(Rated C-class)|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is written in Australian English [colour, labour (but Labor Party), realise]. Some terms that are used in it differ from or are not used in other dialects of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|Daily page views|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved.|
Alongside the arrogant approach adopted by then Chief Minister Shane Stone, it is believed that most Territorians were reluctant to adopt the poor offer which was made.
- This sentence is not very NPOV.
- btw, how many inhabitants live in the NT?
- --zeno 05:29 Jan 30, 2003 (UTC)
- About 170,000 or 1% of the population of Australia.
Here it says large parts of the NT are "in the hands of Aboriginal peoples." There should be something about that in the article.
Coat of Arms
Not a criticim of the article for me, it looks great. Though if someone could get around to arranging putting up the Coat of Arms for the NT that would be awesome mainly because the Flag and Coat of Arms ought to be included (if we are being pedants) in the "Dependant Territories" lists of Flags or Coats of Arms. Ithillion (talk) 11:29, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
You have forgotten sport. Northern Territory hasn't got NRL, AFL or Super 14 teams. What is the most important sport? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 9:55, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
The 2006 Census revealed that of the Northern Territory's population, 68.4% is of European descent. 64,491 (30.6%) English with 44,662 (20.2%), Irish with 14,346 (6.8%), Scottish with 11,759 (5.6%), German with 7,729 (3.7%) and Italian with 3,308 (1.5%). Indigenous Australian people make up 32.5% of the Northern Territory's population, while Chinese people with 4,081 make up (1.9%).
- I saw on some other page that, according to the ABS, this is because some respondents identify more than one descent. Wikiain (talk) 23:46, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Northern Territory. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/Latestproducts/3101.0Main%20Features1Dec%202011?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=3101.0&issue=Dec%202011&num=&view=
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160130114822/http://www.dlgcs.nt.gov.au/interpreting/aboriginal_interpreter_service/aboriginal_languages_in_the_NT to http://www.dlgcs.nt.gov.au/interpreting/aboriginal_interpreter_service/aboriginal_languages_in_the_NT
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160130110726/http://www.dlgcs.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/6540/AIS_map_language.pdf to http://www.dlgcs.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/6540/AIS_map_language.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.