|This page was nominated for deletion on 12 April 2015 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Notes (Apple) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This page was nominated for deletion on 29 October 2012 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
|WikiProject Apple Inc. / iOS||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
If this article doesn't survive (gets deleted), anyone is more than welcome to edit this draft I made. After the draft is improved, we can move it here. –– Anonymouse321 (talk • contribs) 08:03, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- The quality of the article is not the reason I nominated it for deletion, the notability is the problem. If the article is deleted, then any recreation without established notability will also be deleted. -- Patchy1 09:01, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- This article is definitely notable – it's a built-in application on iOS (since the beginning) and OS X (since 10.8 "Mountain Lion"). It just has to be revamped to have a bit better quality and also needs more references to prove its notability. –– Anonymouse321 (talk • contribs) 15:29, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- I wouldn't say the notability is an issue, but the quality could be improved. Mobobber (talk) 21:53, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
Notes not indexing the content of notes, just the titles?
The "Limitations" section says
- An important limitation of the Notes application is that it does not index the content of notes, just the titles. This can make it difficult to search for and retrieve important information.
However, on Mountain Lion, at least
- notes don't have a formal "title", the sidebar just shows the first line of the note as a "title";
- the search box and Spotlight search the entire note, just the first line;
and on iOS 3, the same applies, with "the search box" being the global search function, so does this really mean that the sidebar on OS X and the list-of-notes in iOS only shows the first line, so that "search for" refers to scanning the sidebar/list-of-notes rather than searching with the search box, or did this change in Mavericks or in a later version of iOS? Guy Harris (talk) 15:47, 28 May 2014 (UTC)