Talk:Ocean turbidity

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Oceans (Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Oceans, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of oceans, seas, and bays on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Mid  This article has been rated as Mid-importance on the project's importance scale.


Ihave two micrometers in my workshop, they are very useful instruments- but the unit of measurement is either micron or micrometre. A change is needed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 08:34, 24 October 2011 (UTC)

The micron is an obsolete term. Micrometre is the British spelling of the current term, and micrometer is the American spelling of the same term (stress on the first syllable). Micrometer (stress on the second syllable) is the instrument in both British and American spelling. This article was originally in American spelling, which is why American spelling is used in it. —Stephen (talk) 19:12, 24 October 2011 (UTC)