|This page was nominated for deletion on 7 August 2013 (UTC). The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
We would like to add a page about OpenProject, a web-based open source project management and team collaboration software. How should we proceed, considering that OpenProj is currently being redirected to from the OpenProject site? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:45, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- Replace the redirect text with the content for OpenProject article on OpenProject's page. --ConCelFan (talk) 06:02, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Supervisors asked for secondary sources, we have added some.
It is true that up to now the main focus of OpenProject does not reside in news magazins nor technical reviews; the notability of OpenProject also comes from the fact that
- global players (Siemens, Telekom) rely on OpenProject collaboration tools,
- that about 15 developers work full time on OpenProject,
- that the development efforts and activities of OpenProject surpass the activities of the ancestor project Redmine by far.
- The notability can be stated from the fact that OpenProject won the 1st prize of the Berlin Open Source Competition.
- Until they are available there is nothing to show WP:notability. The sources given are not sufficient and the arguments given above are not part of the notability criteria. Winning a regional award is not necessarily notable in itself. noq (talk) 20:23, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
The claims in the initial paragraph seem inaccurate, or ambiguous enough that they'd be difficult to either confirm or refute. For example:
Since its inception, the speed of development and the number of developers of OpenProject  exceeds the speed of its ancestor project Redmine by far.
Firstly, how do you define "speed of development"? Secondly, this claim is made by comparing the repository statistics for OpenProject and Redmine. However, it's not actually using the correct repository for Redmine; it's using an unofficial mirror of the repository. The actual repository for Redmine is here:
And if you look at the statistics for the official repository here:
- Completely agree with that! I put a tag MarmotteiNoZ 19:36, 23 May 2016 (UTC)