Talk:Order of St. George
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence, artefact), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
St. George's Weapon (gold sabre)
I see in several articles mention of the gold sabre awarded for bravery (St. George's Weapon) but there being no mention that it is also considered to be an Order of St. George award. These recipients also need to be included, albeit under a separate section about the award.
For example, Apollon Galafeyev mentions "a gold sabre inscribed 'For Bravery'". It's more than just a gold sabre. PЄTЄRS
J V ►TALK 18:42, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
The reason is simple, this article deals solely with the modern, current Order of the Russian Federation. I've had a look at the Russian Wikipedia article on the imperial award (where the sabre/sword of honour is mentioned), it's quite extensive and really deserves translation and inclusion into English Wikipedia. Give me a few weeks and I'll do it. It will however be a stand alone article dealing only with the imperial Order. Cheers! Fdutil (talk) 01:55, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. I have tracked down and obtained a quite excellent English language reference. I'll take a look at the RU WP article for cues for organizing Russian Empire versus later Russian Federation. PЄTЄRS
JV ►TALK 19:37, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- (Having seen RU WP has two articles...) in view of this being an English language encyclopedia, I think it would be confusing to have separate articles on the historical imperial and current federation awards as its fundamental purpose has not changed and its current instantiation is an updated reinstatement of the imperial award. PЄTЄRS
JV ►TALK 19:41, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Link to RU.WIKI
- Agreed. For this article, I think a combination would be best, as I've noted. PЄTЄRS
JV ►TALK 19:47, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Requested move 13 December 2015
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Order of St. George. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120718054614/http://award.adm.gov.ru/orden/orden_13.htm to http://award.adm.gov.ru/orden/orden_13.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120311063238/http://award.adm.gov.ru/doc/u1463.htm to http://award.adm.gov.ru/doc/u1463.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.