Talk:Original Chip Set
|WikiProject Computing / Amiga||(Rated Start-class)|
TODO from article
I moved this from the article (this is where it belongs):
- List chips and separate functions of every chip in their new entries.
- Better explanation of resolutions. lores, hires, overscan, interlace, ham, etc.
- Merge the above feature list..
- Organize all better
- Move to Amiga chipsets and make redirects?
—Frecklefoot 17:23, 18 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Where should the Amiga specific disk drive controller be presented? Amiga system differs from PC systems
- CIA chip explanation has not been created
- Serial port capabilities should be explained somewhere. Perhaps refer to a more generic serial
device. —Shd Mon Jan 3 15:53:49 UTC 2005
Did the Amiga 2500 ship with OCS or ECS or AGA?? --Tonsofpcs 21:23, 13 August 2005 (UTC)
- The "A2500" is just a marketing name for an A2000 bundled with an accelerator card (also available separately). So it shipped with whatever A2000s were shipping with at the time. Mirror Vax 00:18, 14 August 2005 (UTC)
ICS (Initial Chip Set)
My early 1985 A1000 (which would go very high on ebay) does NOT have Original Chip Set, but Initial Chip Set! So I would not say that OCS is the very first chip set of the Amiga. -andy 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:04, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
What happened to Gary??
I had one of the earliest A500s, and I remember opening the case. I'm pretty certain that there was also a chip labelled GARY on the motherboard. I seem to remember reading about the chipset (in Amiga Format or Commodore World), and I think Gary did the I/O. We should not forget about Gary. Jason404 (talk) 12:09, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- I've started Amiga custom chips to point out the other members of the team. ;-) Zac67 (talk) 21:43, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
Rename this page from "Original Chip Set" to "Amiga Original Chip Set". Most of the other Amiga chipset pages are titled as "Amiga ..." which conveniently groups them together on the Category:Graphics chips listing. OCS is floating out there alone. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:20, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
Sprites on the same scanline
The copper description says that after modifying sprite registers the sprite "will be drawn again, even on the same scanline." Is this really correct? Don't we need to wait for the next scanline to get a DMA slot for new sprite data? Ebenupton (talk) 22:16, 22 January 2014 (UTC)