Talk:Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Reverting issue
- 2 Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- 3 Release date moved up
- 4 "Official video game website"
- 5 Japanese Produced?
- 6 Pacster? Maybe Not.
- 7 Pac-Man Party used as the baseline for the ghost designs?
- 8 Ghost Gang can't do anything right?
- 9 Canadian Broadcast
- 10 June 9, 2014? June 7, 2014? No, Spring 2014.
- 11 Semi-protected edit request on 15 June 2014
- 12 Character list needs trimming
- 13 Recpetion
- 14 Yellows
- 15 Skunk
- 16 Timeline
- 17 Protagonist name and episode 2 quote by president
- 18 Ghost gang family?
- 19 Three seasons or two?
- 20 2015 endings category
Reverted to most recent version before page was vandalized, had to remove youtube links to get wiki to allow the change. See previous versions, they're in the opening theme line. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Maersi (talk • contribs) 22:28, 27 September 2014 (UTC)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Release date moved up
The Bandai website has recently revealed that the release date for the show will now be in June instead of September. I have made the appropriate update to the page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2602:304:CF62:1CB9:28A1:356A:F85D:5E9E (talk) 03:47, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
"Official video game website"
The link for the "official video game website" is actually the official website for everything related to the show, including official merchandise, website-hosted games, etc. It only has info on the tie-in video game at the moment, but the site has links to other related pages and are labeled as "coming soon". I have thusly changed the name of the link. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2602:304:CF63:5479:51B2:733D:1A0:511B (talk) 14:20, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
I noticed in the ending credits, a significant amount of the production is handled on the Japanese side, going as far as the sound design and music production. I'm wondering if this should technically be classified as a co-production and be allowed to be under the anime category, rather than just an American/Canadian Cartoon. Thouhts? Mendinso (talk) 18:07, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
Pacster? Maybe Not.
I'm not convinced that the Pac-Man in this series is called "Pacster"; Spiral calls him that, so that's his provided nickname for Pac-Man. I'm guessing that his only name in the series is just "Pac" (although others may call him by his full name "Pac-Man"). ---TacticalMaster (talk) 03:30, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
- It's hard to tell watching this what is the proper full name and what is just nicknames. Pac could be a shortening of Pacster, or Pacster might just be a nickname based on Pac much like "Pac-ums" (ie sweetums) as Pinky calls him. It's hard to tell if "Pac Man" is actually his name too, what if that is also just a nickname? Plus is Man a surname, or is Pac-Man all one word? Kind of like how in "Sonic Boom" they refer to Sonic's middle name being "the". I remember some comment about a character's middle name being "hyphen", can't recall if that was Pac-Man or something else though. "Man" is an odd name to affix to a teen-ager, but Peter Parker was a teenager when he debuted as Spider-Man so it wouldn't mean anything. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:10, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
- Perhaps there is some basis of priority we can use in terms of judging names. I just added a ref for when in Pac-Mania, Spiral affirms his name as being Spiralton, saying his mother calls him that. He does not protest that it isnt his name, like Cyli does when they mistakenly call her Cylinder instead of Cylindria. The question is: has Pac or his parents or his in loco parentis (aunt Sphereia, sir C, the mayor, mayor mom) ever called him that or if it is just his friend, because something a teen non-oval (dat shapeism) says is about as authoritative as a Pinky endearment. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:26, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
Pac-Man Party used as the baseline for the ghost designs?
Ghost Gang can't do anything right?
For since this page appeared, I've noticed that the bio for Blinky, Inky, Pinky, and Clyde has said they can't do anything right. Having watched all 26 episodes of the first season, I find that to be very inaccurate. They have done a lot right in helping Pac-Man and his friends, especially Pinky. If this relates to their role as minions of Betrayus, they did do something right for him as well which was give Pac a full stomach and help Pac with the ghostroid. — Preceding unsigned comment added by GamerSpax (talk • contribs) 16:20, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
I've seen no record of YTV broadcasting the series aside from this article (http://www.animationmagazine.net/licensing/multi-territory-license-brings-new-pac-man-collectibles) and even then, I still think it was an error on the writer's part.
June 9, 2014? June 7, 2014? No, Spring 2014.
Various editors (actually, two IPs) are insisting on listing the start date for the second season as June 9, 2014 or June 7, 2014. The source cited in the article says Spring 2014. Anyone changing it to anything other than Spring 2014 has been warned for unsourced changes. If needed, blocks and/or page protection will follow.
Semi-protected edit request on 15 June 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Character list needs trimming
The character list needs to be severely trimmed down to: Major and recurring characters. Ones mentioned in passing such as Pac's parents should be combined with their main characters' description. Guest characters (characters that only last one episode) and minor characters (Soldier A) should not be listed. Regarding credits, please cite which episode confirms the voice and the name of the voice actor as shown on the credits screen. -AngusWOOF (talk) 20:23, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Yes we can't do WP:NOTDIR WP:INDISCRIMINATE WP:FANCRUFT WP:GAMECRUFT WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS. I'm still trying to shake down the proper guidelines for defining the notability, and the style of copy, about characters. This is what I've found so far: WP:TV Template:Infobox_video_game_character WP:FILMCAST. And then there are individual example articles to go by, without succumbing to WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS. There's a similar discussion on Talk:Hyrule Warriors. — Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 22:45, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Since the character list has "voiced by" credits, the bottom Cast list is not needed. -AngusWOOF (talk) 22:46, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- MOS:TVCAST has some good information as well. I went ahead and reorganized the main characters per the official website and the related Disney XD website. -AngusWOOF (talk) 23:07, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
Is it worth discussing in the article the inconsistency with Pac continually being called "last of the Yellow Ones" (or however that goes) yet there are multiple other yellow orb characters in the series? Rotunda sure looks yellow to me, for example: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/pacisback/images/b/b2/Rotunda.png plus there is a younger orb woman in "Robo Woes" who exclaims "it's hideous" right after the robot's internal monologue when it begins to grow a column from the front of it. I'm no color expert so maybe Pac is 'pure' yellow while there are other yellow-ish orbs who might be described by some kind of fancy word like fuschia or whatever? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:25, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
Spheria who Sir C picnics with (and Betrayus is jealous about) in That Smarts! also looks yellow to me. Even though the term used for Pac is -yellow orb- I figure an orb is the same as a sphere... --188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:05, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
Although I noticed later in the episode she appeared more orange so it could have been a lighting trick, kind of like how in some visual novels some characters have red hair indoors and purple hair outdoors. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:23, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
I remember in the episode prior to 'Ghost Behind the Throne' that Obtuse's pet was named when he adopted him but I can't remember what the name was, this would be good to mention under Obtuse's entry. Unfortunately I deleted it before I thought about checking if it was here. Was it 'chance' or something? I remember it was a single word and a play upon one of his election concepts. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:35, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20151218052027/http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/get-plugged-in-with-family-chrgd-this-holiday-season/ shows the 13 Dec 2015 air date of Santa Pac, about a year after Happy Holidays and a Merry Berry Day, although Santa Pac depicts events a year prior to it, it is a prequel, it shows the episodes do not air in chronological order — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:30, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
I do not know if this should be mentioned under Plot or if a new section ought to be created for it. It is worth discussing and organizing here first anyway. The series episodes do not occur in chronological order. I first realized this watching the recent 2015 Christmas special Santa Pac today which I taped on the weekend. Pac rescues Santa from the Nether World. In the 2014 Christmas special, Cylindria mentions that Pac rescued Santa the previous year.
I have not yet noticed of the episodes I have watched any other overt examples where later-aired episodes explicitly depict events which must have occurred prior to earlier-aired ones. I am wondering if anyone noticed any other examples I didn't.
Since we can not take for granted a chronological ordering of episodes, it would be interesting to detail in this article explicitly what we do know happens in a given sequence, based upon references to earlier episodes events.
The most common sense stuff would be the 2-parters:
- Adventure Begins Part 2 after Adventure Begins Part 1. I still have not seen these but presumably they set up the show and precede all other stories.
- No Pets Allowed Part 2 after No Pets Allowed Part 1. Not sure if this picks up explicitly where the last arc left off.
Then are the ones not obvious from the titles but from the plot:
- Heebo Skeebo precedes Peace Without Slime precedes Ghost Behind the Throne due to progressive Obtuse drama.
- Robo Woes precedes Invasion of the Pointy Heads and Cosmic Contest due to progressive Apex drama.
- Pac to the Future precedes Cave Pac-Man since they reference the earlier time-travel.
- as above, Santa Pac occurs exactly 1 year before Happy Holidays and a Merry Berry Day (even though it aired 1 year later)
Most episodes seem like 1-shot stories which no obvious reasons why they must occur before or after other episodes but there are minor details which I believe we might observe, reference to earlier episodes or existing people or tech, which could help establish some guidelines as to a skeletal fixed chronology. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 07:25, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
Protagonist name and episode 2 quote by president
I am wondering if we should use the Spheros speech at the end to indicate the name. It went something like -You may be Pacster to your childhood friends but in light of your heroics I will call you Pac Man-. Am paraphasing since I watched it a couple weeks ago. This seems to indicate that Pac Man is an acquired title and not used prior to that date. Still not sure if Pacster is a nickname for Pac or if Pac is a shortening of Pacster though, but it at least rules out Pac as a shortening of Pac Man. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:42, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
Ghost gang family?
I've watched nearly every episode and I don't recall any mentions of Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde being siblings. Why does it say they are in the article? Also I don't remember any mention of their ages either but the article keeps mentioning who's older than who. Sources anybody? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:12, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Was there a production note that placed them in order of age? Otherwise I would just remove it and change "family" to group. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 18:50, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
Three seasons or two?
This edit(one of several) states that there have been two seasons of 26 episodes each. The main article linked to says the first season was 26 and seasons 2 and 3 were 13. An editor repeatedly told this and asked to discuss the issue has, thus far, not discussed the issue. Comments on their talk page are repeatedly blanked. The few responses received seem to indicate the editor in question does not understand or does not want to understand the issue. Neither of those cases excuses the problematic changes.
If you feel there is some reason this article should disagree with the main article and the sources, you will need to explain here. Otherwise, the change will not stand and we will block you from editing until you stop making the change or discuss the issue. - SummerPhDv2.0 03:18, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
- @SummerPhDv2.0: There is already an ongoing discussion about this at Talk:List of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures episodes#Season 3?. – nyuszika7h (talk) 20:41, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
2015 endings category
Noticed another IP just added this. Seems a bit premature. It hasn't even been a year since the last episode debuted (that would be 25 April 2016). I'm not sure what the exact policy is here but unless there's specific confirmation that it's been cancelled it seems that we ought to wait a bit longer before categorizing it like it's ended.