- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Moved to Paisan Mike Cline (talk) 10:13, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
Paisà → Paisan – Title used in the English-speaking world should be used here. WP:EN. Relisted. BDD (talk) 17:39, 4 March 2013 (UTC) Film Fan (talk) 13:42, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose - Sorry but Google Books seem to use Paisà, and "Paisan" isn't an English word either. In ictu oculi (talk) 00:46, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- Whether or not it's an English word is irrelevant. The fact that it's the title used in the English-speaking world is what's relevant in this matter. Film Fan (talk) 20:18, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Well I've looked again and 11,500 is still more than 9,390 - what's more the 11,500 appear to be better quality and newer sources than the 9,390. So this move is basically going on the Criterion DVD cover and Burstyn DVD cover being more important than printed books? It isn't a clear common name in books. It's only a clear common name on 2 DVD covers. In ictu oculi (talk) 19:14, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. IMDb, TCM, AllRovi and the Criterion Collection all refer to it as "Paisan". Clarityfiend (talk) 00:31, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support as nominator. Some more input from others would be greatly appreciated... Film Fan (talk) 20:19, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. Proposed title looks like the clear common name to me. Jenks24 (talk) 06:48, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.