Talk:Palo Alto Unified School District
|WikiProject California / San Francisco Bay Area||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Merge from Addison Elementary School
Please merge relevant content, if any, from Addison Elementary School per Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Addison Elementary School (2nd nomination). (If there is nothing to merge, just leave it as a redirect.) Thanks. —Quarl (talk) 2007-03-14 11:31Z
These three articles, Terman Middle School, Jordan Middle School, and Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle School lack the notability required to have separate articles. Although Terman has some secondary coverage related to the way in which the city acquired the land to build it, I'd argue that was a single event that doesn't confer lasting notability on the school. The other two, Jordan and JLS, don't list any secondary sources in the articles.
Jordan has a "notable alumni" section, but I don't see how this confers notability on the middle school. Tyler Hilton mentions a "brief stint in Northern California", for example. Neither The Donnas nor James Franco mention the school, although Franco's article mentions he went to Palo Alto High School. Which sort of proves my point--a complete biography of a person will often mention a high school, never a middle school.
- I agree, and that's in line with past precedent and WP:SCHOOLS as well. The current titles can serve as redirects to the sections if someone is looking for info on the middle schools. TravellingCarithe Busy Bee 14:46, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Suppport Merger per precedent regarding middle schools. --brewcrewer (yada, yada) 15:01, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Support merge: there's nothing important about this middle school that makes it significant or notable by itself, and merging would make the district article fuller. Nyttend (talk) 15:10, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Unless something can be found to support the independent notability of one of the mentioned schools, I think a merge is the best course of action for them. Celarnor Talk to me 15:51, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Support a merge. As Darkspots said, these articles lack independent notability. Enigma message 17:14, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- 'Neutral - As one can see from the being-worked-on User:Calvin 1998/JLS, the middle schools have quite a bit of local notability, but yeah, they don't quite have enough for their own articles. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:50, 7 May 2008 (UTC) a.k.a. User:Calvin 1998
- Support merge, agree that they're not notable on their own and not enough info for a stand alone article is available. Gateman1997 (talk) 19:54, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Comment - User:Calvin 1998/PAUSD has been created as a draft of the new PAUSD article. Calvin 1998 (t-c) 22:30, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
Closed high school section needed?
Reading through the article today, I noticed that there was a third high school in the district, that opened after Paly but before Gunn. A section on that high school (and perhaps a separate article?) could be a useful expansion of this article. Darkspots (talk) 16:41, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- There's already an article on the site (Cubberley Community Center), which covers the high school as well. I suppose I could write up a draft on the school to put on this page, but it would take a while... Calvin 1998 (t-c) 17:08, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
Citations and References
According to this article, Ross Road Elementary was the site of Mayfield Continuation School. When I personally attended both institutions in the 1960s and '70s they were in very different locations. Where are your "verifiable sources"? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:37, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
Jordan Middle School
- I looked up the IP Address. It was an address for a computer in PAUSD. Probably a student trying to troll. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:56, 4 March 2012 (UTC)