Talk:Papa Don't Preach
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Papa Don't Preach article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Papa Don't Preach has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Papa Don't Preach is part of the True Blue series, a good topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Does anybody know the name of this violin intro? Is it an actual piece of music or was it purely invented for this song? I ask because it sounds like a piece of actual classical music.
- It is not a piece of classical music. The song originally began without the string section but the keyboardist improvised the riff and Madonna liked it and it was added to the song. Olivix 12:31, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
What is a CD video single?
Maybe it's just my ignorance, but what exactly is a CD video single? I had never heard this about Papa Don't Preach, so I removed the following sentence:
- "This single release is also notable as it was the first ever CD Video Single."
Please replace it if I was wrong to remove it. Andrew Parodi 08:00, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
- Now it says "The single was one of the first video singles ever to be released where the music video was eligible to play on laser disc players." Presumably this is supposed to be a joke or something. Olivix 12:31, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
The single was definately released as a CDV, not sure if it were the first CDV single however, and it is not the same as a laser disc, so wouldn't be able to play on a laser disc player....even if it were 'eligible'Turdalina (talk) 03:06, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- CD Video is a CD containing an analogue video track. These discs can only be played on laserdisc players designed for their use (with a smaller, inner ring circumference the same size as a CD - a bit like playing a 3" CD in the inner ring of a 5" CD tray), so they do indeed work on laserdisc players.Nqr9 (talk) 09:27, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Pregnant in video?
- She says: "I've made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby." She wouldn't say that if she didn't know herself to be pregnant. Jim Michael (talk) 16:13, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Kelly Osbourne cover
The article says that Kelly Osbourne’s cover is a hard rock version, but it sounds to me more like pop/rock. What are the rules for deciding what genre a song is on Wikipedia? What the artist or label say, what the critics say? Leafcat (talk) 02:39, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Protagonist is a teenager?
The article states that Madonna's character is a teenager. However, neither the lyrics nor the music video say that. She was 27 when the video was filmed, and she doesn't look like a teenager in it. Jim Michael (talk) 16:16, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Remixed on The Immaculate Collection?
Not all of the tracks on The Immaculate Collection were remixes, and as far as I can tell, The Immaculate Collection version is the same as the album version. Not only in terms of length, but nothing sounds different. Are you sure it's a remix? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:23, 24 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Papa Don't Preach. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110606103847/http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=madonna to http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=madonna
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070113231432/http://www.weirdal.com/parodypolkas.htm to http://www.weirdal.com/parodypolkas.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120409063716/http://top30-2.radio2.be/ to http://top30-2.radio2.be/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
The tempo of the song is 122 beats per minute, as per SpotOnTrack.com. It analyzes tracks on Spotify and assigns them a key and tempo. While the key may not always be accurate, the tempo is. CB19 (talk) 00:54, 31 May 2017 (UTC)