|This article is written in American English, which has its own spelling conventions (color, labor, traveled), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on September 28, 2017.|
Was Patsy deliberately "pumped and ventilated" until after the election deadline?
Is there proof that Patsy Mink was maintained "alive" until after the deadline passed to have her name removed from the ballot? What do the medical records show? AllVowelTown 21:51, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
- The medical records were never released. The time and date of death was never released. There are published reports that describe "misinformation" and "manipulation" in the month leading up to the announcement of her death.
- a timeline of events is at http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?34a8f056-9b68-4e1d-82f9-3354eb81fb29 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Auntie Lihue (talk • contribs) 19:34, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Patsy's funeral was very large and very public, and occurred before the election. Around 5000 people were there. The vote for her in the election was considered to be a tribute by most people, who were aware of her death and did not want a Republican to be elected in this resoundingly Democratic district. AllVowelTown, maybe you should keep your pajamas on and got back to what I assume is your right-wing blog where you can spread more rumors.
I happened to be looking for title IX info and saw the reference to Patsy Mink, and read her bio here. What a great role model for women. And for her contribution to equal rights for women she ought to be on a us coin, I think. As the father of 2 daughters who have had unfettered access to university education and scholarships for their achievements, I truly appreciate her commitment to equal access to higher education. I guess george w isn't all bad.
Early career discrimination?
I just saw a documentary by PBS Hawaii in the SF Women's Film Festival, and it stated, I believe, that when Patsy received her law degree, she was unable to find work in the continental U.S. because she was a woman. She was quoted on video as saying that one of the reasons she was given was that she was "a woman, and this job is demanding and means you'd have to work late at night, and women shouldn't be out at night."
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|Needs inline refs. —Viriditas|
Last edited at 10:58, 20 December 2007 (UTC). Substituted at 02:23, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Patsy Mink. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20071220074252/http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/05/patsy_takemoto.php to http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/05/patsy_takemoto.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130609013747/http://wiwomensnetwork.org/resources/publications/houstonarticles to http://wiwomensnetwork.org/resources/publications/houstonarticles
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040917075309/http://www.now.org/history/patsymink.html to http://www.now.org/history/patsymink.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.