Talk:Penrith High School
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Sydney may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Australia / Sydney / Education||(Rated Stub-class)|
This ain't no quality article!
Could someone from the currently accademically selective Penrith High School get their finger out and fix it.
You gotta do better than this, kids!
Penrith High School is an academically selective public high school located in Penrith, New South Wales, Australia to the west of Sydney, Australia. This selective High school is very focussed on helping its students achieve the most they can out of school life and offers many opportunities to get involved in many state and national competitions. Penrith High School is a multicultural school and embraces these many different cultures.
- No capital letter for "high school" unless it's the name of P.H.S.
- "very focussed". No, think of a better way of saying it.
- Last sentence in the intro reeeeally doubles up, doesn't it?
- The bit about Giraween, and so on, that I have already deleted. This is an encyclopedia. You can't talk nonsense about some school being publicly considered to have brighter students (or whatever twaddle it said). What an encyclopedia needs is fact. Whether the public think Giraweenies are smart is irrelevant. What counts is results because you can "cite" the results in the encyclopedia.
- I'm sure one of you accademically select young people can write a brilliant, grammatically correct, informative article.
- The "building" previously on the site was a large house the name of which was "The Towers". This is not quite what it says in the article. There also needs to be a clearer explanation that the the annual magazine is called "The Towers".
- The term "intermediate school" needs an explanation.
- When did the school become a "high school" ie students could study for the Leaving Certificate?
- Turning the school into a "selective High school" was a significant move. Have their been any other major changes in the last fifty years?
- Who are the significant alumni?
- Can you tell us anything exciting? Has the school been unbeaten in the Rugby League zone comp? Do you have a top debating team? Has the school choir been on tour of Japan?
--Amandajm 11:03, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
We have heaps of extra-curriculum that we can put in. We host Japanese students each year and a select group from our school goes to Japan for the return leg. We have schemes like the Duke of Edinburgh Award. There's heaps of things that we can put in, but if other people just want to mess it all up, why bother?
Something interesting is that we getting renovated. Library is getting renovated, new drama blocks are being put in etc...
--Fungus1 10:07, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Anyone else notice that the 'principal' field in the schools template seems broken? I checked in edit and it says De Paoli, yet the page itself still shows Daisy??
Sources for hsc rankings
oh hey danjel sorry for the mishap. REFERENCES: http://bettereducation.com.au/Results/Hsc.aspx (2010) http://bettereducation.com.au/2007NSWHscRank.aspx bettereducation.com.au/Results/Hsc2008Ranking.aspx
And 2005 and 06 rankings are general knowledge...
- I don't believe those ranking should be included in this article. 27th in 2010 etc. is not especially remarkable or encyclopaedic. If the school was in the top 3 or 4, possibly and then I'd expect a citation to include commentary from a reliable news source rather than a dry old table. Rankings are transient. Encyclopaedias are here for the long haul. Wikipedia is not a directory, news or a soapbox. –Moondyne 12:39, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
- PS. I suggest you create an account to assist other editors to communicate with you. –Moondyne 12:41, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Hello all, not sure where to put that piece on the server breach of the past, so I added a controversy section.
I understand that a controversy section may not be appropriate, and if that is the case, please do inform as to where this should go, for I am only an amateur at this and do not know.