|WikiProject Connecticut||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Indigenous peoples of North America||(Rated C-class)|
At Wikipedia:WikiProject Ethnic Groups/Pequot, I've tried to use this material as a sample to test out our work in progress on a more uniform framework to discuss ethnic groups. Please, if you are tracking this article, have a look, tell me what you think. I'd like to supersede the current article with something more like that (though probably moving the TBDs to this talk page). -- Jmabel 01:16, 7 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- Lacking comment, I've gone live with that. -- Jmabel 23:38, 16 Feb 2004 (UTC)
2 cut sentences
The following was recently anonymously added, with no sources cited. I've cut it, pending citation:
- "There is much debate over the validity of the tribe and its members. It is also interesting to note that 100 of the 350 tribal members have criminal records."
- There may be debate over the validity of the tribe, but how can there be debate over the validity of its members? An what use is it to refer to "debate over the validity of the tribe" with no clarification of the nature of that debate?
- "It is also interesting to note that..." Pure POV, cut even if the rest of this can be cited
- The number 350 suggests that the statement is being made about the western Pequot, although the placement of this sentence suggested otherwise.
- "100 of the 350 tribal members have criminal records" A statement like this clearly needs citation to a reliable source.
06:16, Dec 9, 2004 (UTC)
Yeah seems like a good idea. looks fishy. Alex Wilhelm
I would suggest a change in tense in the first paragraphs since the Pequot clearly still exist. Also, the English they were at war with were Puritan. It seems to me this should be part of the article since "English" over "Puritan" implies a purely racial conflict. In truth the war was borne of cultural, religious, and ethnic differences.
Added links to the Pequot tribal casino, Foxwoods including a link to the historical section of that site. Wjbean 15:21, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
"The Pequot War and Mystic massacre reduced the Pequot's sociopolitical influence in southern New England."
"The Holocaust reduced the Jews' sociopolitical influence in Eastern Europe."