|WikiProject Dentistry||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
Failure to Treat Periodontal Disease
@DRosenbach: Your opinion is kindly requested.
What is the scope of this article?
In my experience, periodontal disease is a by-word for chronic periodontitis, but I am no periodontist. Perhaps we should treat this article as either
- a redirect to periodontitis, and merge the content there, or
- a parent article for all periodontal pathology, in which case some content should be merged to periodontitis and details of other diseases added...
- Hi. Thanks for pinging me. There are numerous periodontal diseases, of which one form is periodontitis, but this is still not technically a diagnosis -- a more specific terminology like generalized moderate chronic periodontitis or localized aggressive periodontitis would be classified as diagnoses. I'll redirect the PD (capitalized) redirect to this one, but I think it's important to keep them separate, especially since the Page and Schroeder classifications listed in this article do span from early gingivitis into more advanced periodontitis, which would not be accounted for by the contents of an article specifically about periodontitis. DRosenbach (Talk | Contribs) 04:33, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
- Apologies, forgot to respond here... my reading of your reply is that you think this page should be treated as the second option I listed... this is fine, I tend to agree with you. I have tried to apply some better organization to oral and maxillofacial pathology topics:
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology
... So this page is due some work. I thinks a surgical sieve layout is very beneficial for this kind of article. I will get around to starting this at some point. Lesion (talk) 23:13, 13 March 2014 (UTC)