|WikiProject Baseball / Red Sox||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
According to the article: "The seat directly on the foul side of Pesky's Pole in the front row is Section 94, Row E, Seat 5 and is usually sold as a lone ticket." I don't understand what this means. Isn't a ticket always a lone ticket? The article should clarify. -Phoenixrod 00:04, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
Pesky's Pole vs. The Pesky Pole
Is the pole named "Pesky's Pole" or "the Pesky Pole"? I can find no evidence that "the Pesky Pole" is erroneous. Sure, there is was a plaque placed on it a few years ago that says "Pesky's Pole," but that doesn't mean that "the Pesky Pole" was incorrect. Do a quick Googling and you'll see that it's been called "the Pesky Pole" for decades. Mel Parnell called it the Pesky Pole. It also jives with my experience growing up in Boston; everyone knew it as the Pesky Pole, not just informally, but that's what they called it on TV and in the news. I propose changing the text to remove the bit about "the Pesky Pole" being erroneous and start the piece out with, "Pesky's Pole, also commonly known as the Pesky Pole, ..." lgoldste, you undid that change without explanation. Please respond. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:20, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- I removed what appeared (and still appears) to be someone tagging the article with their name. Do you feel that the name belongs as part of the article? --Igoldste (talk) 22:59, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- Ha ha, all you have to do is a quick Google search to see that there are there are tens of thousands of legitimate hits to "the Pesky Pole." And decades of print reporting calling it that. With that in mind, how can you say that this appears to be someone tagging the article with their name? Please trying lifting a finger before reversing a change like this. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:16, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
How, in a world of laser rangefinders, is it remotely possible that the true distance from home plate is not known? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:30, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Pesky's Pole. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081016060228/http://www.redsoxconnection.com/peskypole.html to http://www.redsoxconnection.com/peskypole.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.