Article (edit | visual edit | history) · Article talk (edit | history) · Watch
Reviewer: Sturmvogel 66 (talk) 05:18, 12 January 2010 (UTC) GA review – see WP:WIAGA for criteria
- Is it reasonably well written?
- A. Prose quality:
Needs a copyedit
- B. MoS compliance:
Lead too short; it needs to summarize the entire article
- I expanded the lead, I was keeping it concise as it's not a very long article.
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- A. References to sources:
Need a location and date for ref. 19 and a location for many of the refs.
- I was told this was optional, but have added in locations.
- B. Citation of reliable sources where necessary:
fact tags added where needed
- C. No original research:
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- A. Major aspects:
What about his family life? Did he ever marry, have kids or was he a bachelor his whole life?
- Married to the same woman for 46 years (till his death), no children.
- B. Focused:
Why was he facing mandatory retirement in 1962?
- Navy was having a drawdown, I'll pick up the book again and go more specific.
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- A. Images are copyright tagged, and non-free images have fair use rationales:
- B. Images are provided where possible and appropriate, with suitable captions:
Needs a picture. Surely you can find an official photo of the guy.
- Found one, scanned it, Navy photo from 1944
- Pass or Fail:
I'm a little confused by the turnover of the PT boats to the South Koreans. Was he in charge of the training team for them or what?--Sturmvogel 66 (talk) 16:12, 12 January 2010 (UTC)