|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the PlayStation 3 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This is not a forum for general discussion about PlayStation 3. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about PlayStation 3 at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|PlayStation 3 is a former featured article. Please see the links under Article milestones below for its original nomination page (for older articles, check the nomination archive) and why it was removed.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 60 days may be archived by.|
Edit request on 30 December 2012
For the picture of the Ps3 it should show Ps3 Fat, Ps3 Slim, Ps3 Super Slim, also how the ps3 slim was discontinued - — Preceding unsigned comment added by ZackCannata (talk • contribs) 21:41, 30 December 2012
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on PlayStation 3. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.sony-mea.com/support/faq/416120
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Playing PS2 Games
True, the latest PS3 models are not backwards compatible with PS2 games. However, it is demonstrated in some online videos that playing PS2 games can achieved by copying the content of a PS2 game, and by using some special software. I wonder if there's any truth in them. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:00, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
Announcement of the PS3 discontination
Well, I was tried to find out about the last shipment of the console in Japan and I didn't found it. Then, I searched in Google and other gaming websites and they supported their article, from the only one "Gematsu" or something like that website.On the other hand, Kotaku is support their article from the Inside Games.jp but they don't completely believe that. I believe that they are all nonsense. If I do wrong, please tell me. --JOHNNARAS, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- The announcement of upcoming PS3 discontinuation is already in the article. -- ferret (talk) 14:04, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
No, it isn't. If you are talking about the discontination only in New Zealand, I agree. BUT the discontination in JP is not real. But... look, try to translate their words from the Japanese PS3 website. They don't say like that. I was trying I don't see something like that. Maybe they doing this, because of the population (of the websites)!! I don't know... --JOHNNARAS, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- I read it yesterday. The japanese site says the product will be discontinued "soon". It's important to note they do not say it is ALREADY discontinued, but the site definitely announces an upcoming discontinuation. -- ferret (talk) 14:26, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
Where is it? How did you found it? Because I don't read like that, but advertisment words! If you believe that, then is OK. And the result of this is: we 'll find out. Sorry, but I think that many websites are trolling for views because they live from that. Good luck. --JOHNNARAS, 22 March 2017 (UTC).
- It's on the page for the current model, here. Unfortunately even if they are ultimately wrong (For example, maybe Sony discontinues this one remaining model, but releases a new one), we have to report what the sources are saying, and this is very widespread reported by many reliable sources. -- ferret (talk) 14:48, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
"Scheduled completion coming soon" well, I find it! All, right I'm sorry about this. --JOHNNARAS, 22 March 2017 (UTC)